Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if you can up the fuel pressure on the stock pump? i have a 2006 turbo 600rr and i need some more fuel. i really dont want to get a new fuel pump. any help would be nice.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
A new pump won't help with a regulator set at 50psi. Do you have a PCIII or any other fuel management system? How do you know you need more fuel "pressure"? Are you running lean somewhere?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes i have 1 powercommander on the primary injectors, i have another one comming for the secondary injectors this week. yes i am running lean at high rpm.

K

·
0 Posts
pressure ain't gonna help, you're going to go through injectors like mad if you do. just get larger injectors and you'll be fine with the stock pump.

K

·
0 Posts
Um... on a car? those are usually bigger... less accurate but it'll get the large amount of fuel your motorcycle requires nw that you got that phat turbo on there.

otherwise, look at some custom solutions. you've got a drag bike, spend some money, that's why you have one.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Have you dyno'd the bike and tried to adjust the fuel map? Have you had significant head/motor work done? Otherwise you should be able to adjust the fuel map with the stock injectors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh yea, we dyno tuned the bike but ran out of fuel at 4 psi. thats why i bought another powercommander for the top injectors.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
I've never heard of anyone using a larger fuel pump but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened. Are you sure you don't have a bad fuel pump, bad regulator, pinched fuel line, or clogged fuel filter? Are you having problems at any certian RPM range? (i.e. 10k rpm and up)

·
Registered
215 Posts
I haven't worked on bikes much, but i'm an auto mechanic and the same principles apply. All you need to find is higher flow rate injectors. I'd talk to a honda car dealership and see if the parts guy can get you some specs on an injector for like an accord or civic. Don't forget though that if you go that route to get the connectors with them too, then just splice them in. Good luck with install and post some pics when completed I bet it looks sweet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well guys i dont need anymore fuel. we got about 150 hp out of the bike and had fuel to spare. we didnt want to take the boost above 7psi. so thanks for all the info.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts