Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding down the street approaching a stop light so I started to slow down. Right before I came to a complete stop at the light, my bike shut off. I walked the bike to the curb of the street. I couldn't get it to turn on so I called a friend to pick me and the bike up. I got home and put some gas in the bike an nothing.. That’s when I noticed that the fuel pump wasn't starting up when I turned the key.. So now I'm thinking the problem has to do with one of the relays... My question is how do I check to see if it is the relay? And if it is, how do I get it fixed? Thanks in advanced..

P.S. I did a search but I still wasn't too sure on how to fix this problem..

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Pull off the tank, and unplug the connector that goes to the fuel pump. Using a voltmeter check for voltage on the harness side of the plug when the key is turned on. I'm assuming you checked all your fuses first. If you've got voltage your pump took a crap, if not we'll keep going.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
I was about to say start with the basics. Check your engine stop switch, battery cables, BAS, and battery voltage.

Why do you suspect a relay? Has the bike been down or dropped? Previous problem?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts