Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched all over this site tonight. My fuel pump won't prime on my 2003 RR. I was riding the other day and the bike just died. All my fuses are good. I can jump the black and black/white connections on the engine stop relay and it will start up. I've swapped the relays between the stop and fan relays and it will still not start.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've got the same problem on my 07. Took the fairings off to paint them, put them back on and now I can't get a prime. I switched the fan and stop relays with no success. I read another thread where the culprit was a bad ground connection, but the rest of my electrical systems seem 100% strong, so I doubt it. Regardless after I search a bit more I'll try checking that ground.

Good luck with yours, first one to get running wins a cool ride in this beautiful weather!

·
Registered
249 Posts
I've got the same problem on my 07. Took the fairings off to paint them, put them back on and now I can't get a prime. I switched the fan and stop relays with no success. I read another thread where the culprit was a bad ground connection, but the rest of my electrical systems seem 100% strong, so I doubt it. Regardless after I search a bit more I'll try checking that ground.

Good luck with yours, first one to get running wins a cool ride in this beautiful weather!
Make sure the Bank Angle Sensor (Tip Sensor) is put on correctly. I took the upper off my 03 and accidentally put the sensor on upside down, and same problem, gets power but fuel pump will not prime. On mine its bolted on to the back of the headlight assembly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I took it off and connected the two outside wires to make damn sure it isn't the BAS. I swapped the fuel pump relay off another 07 600RR to double check with no success. However, I noticed that with no relay in the other bike, it still made a little noise when I turn the key. There is absolutely no noise when I turn the key on the problem bike. I suspected the starter switch, but took it apart and forced a connection with no success. Any ideas?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah. mine was running on Thursday. I bypassed the BAS just to be sure. No pump priming. It only primes when I jump the two wires on the engine stop relay.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Alright I got it fixed. The wire leading from the battery to the FI fuse had become corrupted and loose. I hooked up a new wire and it started up just fine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Good work. I assumed mine were good after a brief visual inspection, but as soon as I get my hands on a new multimeter (because some prick stole mine!) I'll give them a thorough check.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts