Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fuel pump won't priming NEED QUICK HELP!!! please

I took off all the fairing from my bike to do a very good wash and detailing on it, so when it came time to put everything back together it does not start. After trying several time I killed the battery, but I think that my problems is that the pump won't prime, how can I correct that?

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Make sure your bas is plugged in.. It's between your headlights..

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
How about the kill switch ?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How about the kill switch ?
kill switch its on.

as I turn the key to on and off and I don't hear anything from the fuel pump, why is that fuel pump won't prime :banghead:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any body out there with some useful tip on what to look for?

It does not make sense, why it will stop working after taking off the fairing and cleaning the whole bike. some water might have gotten to the bike ones the fairing wore off, but it has had plenty of time to dry.
I already check all the plugs to see if there wore all the way in and I also cleaned them with a electronic cleaner. but the I still cant get the pump to prime when I turn the key on

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Your BAS is either upside down or not plugged in. Check the two wire connectors by your left ram air tube to make sure they are connected. Double check everything then come back to us.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I checked all my work more than 3 time, but Ill check it again tomorrow asap after work..

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
It's hard to analyze what you have done. Don't know too many that remove panels to clean the bike.. Did you mess with the tank? Pick it up and down a couple times? Maybe you clogged the fuel pump and messed it up.. Have gone through 3 of these over the years. They are very easy to mess up internally with all the crap gas out there. If you bypass the relay for the fuel you can see if it's still working.. Also check your fuses to make sure you are still getting power to the 2 pin under the tank. Lots of things to check for but not sure what all you did.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's hard to analyze what you have done. Don't know too many that remove panels to clean the bike.. Did you mess with the tank? Pick it up and down a couple times? Maybe you clogged the fuel pump and messed it up.. Have gone through 3 of these over the years. They are very easy to mess up internally with all the crap gas out there. If you bypass the relay for the fuel you can see if it's still working.. Also check your fuses to make sure you are still getting power to the 2 pin under the tank. Lots of things to check for but not sure what all you did.

Thanks TRIPAGE for giving me a hand :shakehand

I did not take the tank of, I took the lower fairing, mid fairing and everything that is forward from there. In including the front nose fairing off the harness and the ram.
I check all the fuses that are under the self mid fairing and they all look good.

How can I bypass the fuel relay?

·
Registered
29 Posts
"shot at the dark" did you try starting the bike with the gear in neutral?? try to see if itll prime on N or with the stand up

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
"shot at the dark" did you try starting the bike with the gear in neutral?? try to see if itll prime on N or with the stand up

Yeah I tried that already and nothing :banghead:
today after work I tested the fuel pump straight from the battery using a wire and it starts ON and OFF... But the fuel pump still does not prime with the key:banghead:

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Bad fuel pump??? Just so happened to go out after you pulled everything???

·
Registered
541 Posts
Blown fuse/s? Water in wiring connectors/fuse's.. maybe?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bad fuel pump??? Just so happened to go out after you pulled everything???

Thanks again for your tips tripage

I actually hard wired the fuel pump straight to the battery with some speaker wires, and it turns on and off as I touch the wire on and off with the battery.

Do you guys know where is the fuel pump fuel or relay located? (I think that that is what is not making the bump prime when I turn the key on and off)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Blown fuse/s? Water in wiring connectors/fuse's.. maybe?
I already check all the fuses i think :banghead: there is two packs of fuses on the 05RR right?
one next to the battery and
the other one under the left mid fairing.

is there another set of fuses that I might be missing?

·
Registered
341 Posts
your sure its not you BAS upside down?! i had a very similar problem after removing my flarings. i cant see it being anything other than maybe a blow fuse.. if the BAS is right side up, try disconnecting the battery then reconnecting it to reset everyhthing. may reset the BAS if thats whats causing the problem.. oh and if its your first time taking off the nose, i know i had a bit of trouble disconnecting the plugs, are you sure you werent too rough and broke a wire?

good luck!

·
Registered
277 Posts
The relay is under the mid left, above the fuse box.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts