Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This question goes to anyone that races. Has anyone done anything to the fuel pump assembly in order to by-pass the internal fuel filter? not the strainer but the filter inside the black pump assembly. I had a filter clogged up on me so I ordered another pump assembly. Performance wise, the power of the bike felt like it was going down hill after the firts year of having the bike. I am thinking of replacing the pump assembly every year for racing. What do you guys and girls think?

·
Registered
221 Posts
I had a fuel pump go out on me to where it would loose power at 10 grand, I'd be trying to pass liter bikes on a technical course and just when I was about to get ém.... blaaaaaaahhhhhh.... no power band. I was trippin, but my tuner fixed the problem.

It was a fuel injection issue where the tank was not maintaining its needed 50psi for good spray. Check Air/Fuel ratio on the dyno, my bike was going Lean at 10k, and it dropped my Horsepower down to like 96, I was like Fuuuuook!

Long story short, Honda warranties the replacement part for 6 months, if it fails again I get another for free.

CMRA#279

oh mine is an 03 CBR600RR.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I forgot to say that the part that pressurizes the tank is in the Fuel Pump.
Its a single unit. Different from Suzuki, Kawi, and Yamami

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw that the part is sold as one piece. I could not buy just the pump or the internal filter sep. This is just wrong in my opinion. Honda wanted 289 for the assembly. I got a unit for 45.00 from e-bay with 4k. Works well. Do you know if there is a race pump unit that would be sold in parts? like you could get just the pump or just a filter something like that?

·
Registered
221 Posts
one pump available, I've checked.

If you are losing power at 10 grand, or if your Air/Fuel mix is off on the Dyno, get yer mechanic to swap a fuel pump assembly

if that doesn't solve the prob, I wouldn't know what to say. But if it does solve the problem, make sure ya get the 6 month warranty and if it goes again, ya get it free ... no worries... I got mine from the manufacturer a bit less with dealer cost plus 15%.

Honda's CBR pressurization is a Reverse style too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts