Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Before I went for a ride today I filled up my tank to just about full. rode fro about 1.5 hrs and then came back home. when I got here I lifted the rear up and as I bent over the bike i smelt fuel. Not burned fuel, but fresh. My question is if this is normal. The bike got hot and I hit the twisties so i tought that it was just overflow but I am not sure. thanks guys!

edit: only smell on right side panel (where the tail and tank meet)

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
I believe its normal others will confirm my thoughts shortly

K

·
0 Posts
check under your tank, look at the gasket if it's wet with gasoline, you've got a problem. check also your overflow line and your tank breather line.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
if you filled it up there could be vapors coming out of the overflow tube. i have seen gasoline vapors coming out before there on a hot day.

·
Registered
180 Posts
i have the same problem but instead its coming from the front of the bike. right inside that air intake hole it stinks of unburnt fuel. i have a rear stand on but i dont think that should change anything.

K

·
0 Posts
it could very well be a leaking injector as well. that would make sense that you'd smell it right after riding and not after a while... as unlikely that would be, it's a possibility. there are lots of possibilities.

you're going to have to strip it down. fire it up, and watch the fuel tank and anything it's coneected to.

Fire extinguisher ON STANDBY.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts