Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i rode my 05 600rr approx. 200miles yesterday came home and parked the bike. 3 hrs later when i tried to start the bike the fuel pump would not turn on. i have checked the fuses and the turnover swithch at the headlights. also checked the kill switch and the wires in it all seemed to be fine. the only ofther problem i am having with the bike is that the turn signals will not blink when i turn them on. please help me with this if your can oh yea i put a voltometer up to the fule pump and it showed 4.?? on the meter and i had 12 volt from the battery thanks in advance:banghead::banghead::banghead:

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
keep flicking the kill switch and see if it eventually primes. mine gets stuck so i don't use it anymore

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
then you're f*cked hehe best of luck

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
so i rode my 05 600rr approx. 200miles yesterday came home and parked the bike. 3 hrs later when i tried to start the bike the fuel pump would not turn on. i have checked the fuses and the turnover swithch at the headlights. also checked the kill switch and the wires in it all seemed to be fine. the only ofther problem i am having with the bike is that the turn signals will not blink when i turn them on. please help me with this if your can oh yea i put a voltometer up to the fule pump and it showed 4.?? on the meter and i had 12 volt from the battery thanks in advance:banghead::banghead::banghead:
If you are only getting 4 volts then something isn't making a good connection

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle App

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
does anybody know what the voltage is spose to be going into the fuel pump? and should i try to streight wire the pump to see if it works then. also does any one know how to check the relays? thanks

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
does anybody know what the voltage is spose to be going into the fuel pump? and should i try to streight wire the pump to see if it works then. also does any one know how to check the relays? thanks
12v

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle App

·
Registered
119 Posts
most relays have a diagram on them( can't remember if the ones on my bike do) basically the relay will recieve a signal from an output such as the key switch being turned on which will close the contacts inside the relay (electromagnet force generated from low voltage dc output signal) what you'll need to do is figure out which two pins are the contactors and which one is the signal pin. use a multimeter across the contactor pins to see if it closes when the signal is present. if youre not sure which pin is which pull the relay out and check for voltage in the terminals with the key off one should be hot thats the feed, turn on the key one of the other terminals should become hot , thats the signal, the other is output to the pump. check to see that the contact closes between the pin that stabbed into the feed terminal and the output terminal. you can supply signal power with a jumper wire from the signal terminal with the relay out

·
Registered
119 Posts
also you should hear the relay click. sometimes they corrode and cause resistance in the circuit you'll have to check resistance to see if they are within specs. to be sure. you could straight wire the pump just to see if its operational too, though i dont see the point (other than ruling out a faulty pump) since you already know you're not getting enough power to it through the elec. system. just use a jumper wire across the feed and output terminals. ( don't go for a ride like that though, only to confirm pump is operational.)

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
^what he said is correct... but its the hard way of doing it.

To check the relay just swap it with the Fan control relay. If the problem goes away then it was the relay doing it and you need to get a new one (otherwise the fan wont run and the bike may overheat).

·
Registered
119 Posts
^what he said is correct... but its the hard way of doing it.

To check the relay just swap it with the Fan control relay. If the problem goes away then it was the relay doing it and you need to get a new one (otherwise the fan wont run and the bike may overheat).
there's that too, lol. i paid over 500 for my multimeter and by-god i'm gonna use it every chance i get. i even slice cheese with it.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Haha... I know what you mean.

I generally just use cheap ones, their accuracy is more than enough for what I am usually doing with them and that way I don't mind when I drop it or anything

1 - 12 of 12 Posts