Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to turn 21 and when I do I will be purchasing a 2009 cbr600rr from a dealership. I will have a down payment, but will be financing the rest. I have been hearing mixed answers, but I need to know if you finance a bike do you have to have full coverage or will they allow you to do liability.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
it depends on how the bike is purchased...

my suggestion is get full coverage reguardless

a good chuck of claims are not because of a multi vehicle accident, and then your stuck paying thousands of dollars for either a bike thts not ridable, or paying thousands of dollars to repair a bike that you could have claimed.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I'd say pay cash for a used one, but, for god's sake, get full coverage if you finance it. How would you like to make payments on a wrecked bike?

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
If you are financing both the bank and insurance company will require full coverage.
not entirely true,

you can often purchase the bike on a honda card (one of the ways they finance) which is a way of rolling the owner ship around, doing it on the card ends up with a result of you owning the bike flat out, with a large balance on the honda card, type of a deal so in effect your financing it, but you own the bike out right, enter where you get people who "i financed my bike and can get liability only"

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the help guys. I would like to get full coverage I'm just not sure if I will be able to afford it or not. Im going to go up to state farm later this week, and try and get an estimate on if I can afford it or not.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Thanks for all the help guys. I would like to get full coverage I'm just not sure if I will be able to afford it or not. Im going to go up to state farm later this week, and try and get an estimate on if I can afford it or not.
Good luck, because they are going to rape you because:

A. Your very young
B. Your getting full coverage on a bike on a new bike

If you want to save money, try getting it under your parents insurance if that's possible.

·
Registered
174 Posts
21 eh? Prepare to get raped out your bunghole for full coverage regardless of tickets or credit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya I'm gonna try and talk to my parents about getting it under their name, but I dont think it's gonna happen.

·
Registered
121 Posts
check allstate, they cut my insurance in half, be prepaired when i got a quote at your age for full coverage it was more than $2500. a year

·
Registered
300 Posts
check allstate, they cut my insurance in half, be prepaired when i got a quote at your age for full coverage it was more than $2500. a year
GEEESUS!!!!! $2500 bones a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe you'll have to buy this honda to save money....hell, your yearly insurance coverage can guy one of these with some extra cups of coffee at starbucks for your morning ride....LOL!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ya I don't have any tickets or claims. So I was hoping that would give me something decent, but theres no way I can do $2500 a year.

·
Registered
121 Posts
yep at least there is someting good about turning 30. When I talked to the lady at the insurance agency i could'nt beleave how expencive it was, i said to her that is 25% of the value of the bike per year! she said that they total 25% of new bikes in the first year. get a bike and register it in your name for a year, NO claims or tickets you will become less of a risk with time

·
Registered
345 Posts
I purchased my bike with a honda credit card when i was 19... no down payment and also no full coverage required unless the purchase was over $10,000

·
Registered
300 Posts
yep at least there is someting good about turning 30. When I talked to the lady at the insurance agency i could'nt beleave how expencive it was, i said to her that is 25% of the value of the bike per year! she said that they total 25% of new bikes in the first year. get a bike and register it in your name for a year, NO claims or tickets you will become less of a risk with time
Well it's because of all those stupid ass squids and kids that get on these machines that wreck.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts