Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planing on buying a new bike this spring and I've seen a few bikes with full aftermarket exhaust systems. I have a slip-on to bros black series form my last bike that I would like to put on my new one when I get it.

My question is, if I get a bike with a full exhaust (that's not two bros)
Can I keep the aftermarket headers and just change the mid pipe with my two bros, or do I have to change out the whole system?

·
Registered
41 Posts

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
That depends. If you're willing to modify a bit it might work. Other systems will literally bolt right up with mixed mufflers, headers and collectors. Keep in mind NO two systems are designed to bolt different pieces into them, but it doesn't mean it can't happen.

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
I'm planing on buying a new bike this spring and I've seen a few bikes with full aftermarket exhaust systems. I have a slip-on to bros black series form my last bike that I would like to put on my new one when I get it.

My question is, if I get a bike with a full exhaust (that's not two bros)
Can I keep the aftermarket headers and just change the mid pipe with my two bros, or do I have to change out the whole system?
i think it depends on the system. for example my akra system has one pipe that connects the collectors (around the oil pan) all the way to the muffler so it wouldn't allow for a slip on.

IIRC arrow headers will work with a TOCE slip on.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I just did this to my bike I have a TOCE slip on and I cut out the CAT and put a mid piece on. It's a lot cheaper than a full system and will give you the extra 3-4 horse power. It looks great and makes the slip on sound better.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CBR600RR-2007-2014-CBR-600-Clamp-On-Mid-Pipe-CAT-Eliminator-Race-Exhaust-MJS-/111248417537?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19e6ec2301&vxp=mtr
Interesting, thanks for sharing. I was not aware of such goodie :thumbup:

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yoshi headers will allow for most slip ons

1 - 7 of 7 Posts