Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a friend in China, he found the company that manufactures the fairings for Japan. He can get me a complete stock fairing for 487 dollars. That's complete tail to headlight. Just thought I'd brag....don't really need a new fairing...but for that price I should get a different colored one....and I can switch back and forth depending on my mood :twisted: .

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
so you just bragging or are you gonna print screen that **** and hook us up on the 8th?

H

·
0 Posts
yeah we need some more information here... like can we get these also...

·
Banned
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I would if I could...but shipping might kill yah....just to get it from Hong Kong to Taiwan...(less than an hour by plane) would cost close to 200 extra since a full fairing weighs close to 40kg? is that right?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
40kg or 88 lbs??? There's no way the fairings, even with the headlight are a quarter of the weight of the bike.

I'd take a guess and say its much closer to 25 lbs or ~11kg....

Find out how much to ship from HK to US.

Also are you sure they are OEM, or just knockoffs? There was a cover story article in last week's BusinessWeek about the rampant counterfeiting going on in China, and Honda motorcycles made the cover. In the article they also had a picture of a steamroller crushing counterfeit Honda parts...

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
mule-madness said:
tiltedworld,
you also have to take into consideration packaging. if they only use cardboard boxes and starch popcorn it may only weight 11-15 kilos, but if they use wooden crates, it could weigh as much as 40 kilos...
I seriously doubt wooden crates would be used for plastic body parts. I know that the fairings ship directly from Honda in cardboard and they do just fine.

·
Registered
602 Posts
print screen that s**t and hook us up on the 8th!!

(i thought this won't be back until next year hehe)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts