Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At what speed do you guys assume the "crotch rocket" position when riding? How fast before your head is all the way down and well you know what im talking about .... mph??

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Only at the track. Sometimes on the street when I have been riding for a really long time. ;)

·
Registered
133 Posts
yeah to me its either if im going 100+ so thats not too often, and if there are strong winds. I rode with a friend of mine a couple weeks ago and the winds were so strong I saw him drift 3 lanes. We just all of a sudden hit huge gusts.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
70-80... I probably don't really need to be doing it, but I can rest on the tank and take a load off my back... it's actually kind nice on the highway too... everything gets all quiet, all you can hear is the engine... I'll stay sitting up for short highway trips, but after a while the wind at 70-80 mph is just annoying, so I just tuck in.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sodamninsane said:
70-80... I probably don't really need to be doing it, but I can rest on the tank and take a load off my back... it's actually kind nice on the highway too... everything gets all quiet, all you can hear is the engine... I'll stay sitting up for short highway trips, but after a while the wind at 70-80 mph is just annoying, so I just tuck in.
I do the same

·
Registered
54 Posts
I tuck all the time above 60 basically. I live in the boonies out here, so a lot of wind in the Valley. I am always tucking just for the nuisance of being behind a semi on our freeways...

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
There was this chick at my HS that had an R6, and she would tuck at 30mph, I kid you not. It would piss the hell out me seeing her riding around. Like going down the street that our school was on in a full tuck when the speed limit was 30 infuriated me.

·
Registered
587 Posts
If its cold tuck at hiway speeds. If its not when im tired or the wind gets on my nerves or 80+

·
Registered
83 Posts
Lol... well you guys are helping me... so far ive mainly been staying away from the highways.. just quick jolts...

I feel like I should tuck at 70ish.. but while learning.. I hate to.. now I know its cool not to really worry about it till a higher speed....

1 - 20 of 39 Posts