Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gathering parts and tools to rebuild my 2009 track bike that I crashed (in a spectacular way :surprise:) at Barber last year. Amongst other things, my cheapo Yoshio slip-on got dented up and I'm looking for something new. I would prefer a full system, as this is a track only bike, but I can't find much out there now. I don't want to spend a lot as I need lotsa other things too... Akrapovic is either sold out or expensive, depending on where I check. The Yoshimura is affordable, but won't fit with my Armour race fairings, and they are very heavy anyway. Giannelli have a system for $850.. do anybody have experience with these? I know they are a sister brand of Arrow, but they are half price, so I'm a little skeptical. Do anybody have experience with Giannelli? What other systems are available for a decent price? Must not be terribly loud nor heavy!

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Looks like they are more of a scooter exhaust company, but their sportbike stuff looks fine if not unremarkable. The full system they have is steel, so it will weigh the same as the Yosh. Seems fine. Look for used Leo Vince systems as well, that's good stuff.

Alternatively, you can get the MJS headers and mate with any slip on to make a full system of your choice: CBR 07-2014 600RR Race Header - MJS Performance LLC

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just looked at the MJS modified OEM headers. That might be a good solution. There's a huge selection of slip-ons. I could buy a couple of stainless tubing bends and weld in a new replacement for the collector without the cat and flapper valve. I'm waiting for the UPS truck to drop off my new TIG welder in a few days. I have to weld up new rear-set mounts on the frame too.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I understand you said inexpensive but this seems like a pretty good value for a Titanium full system. Ladybird out of Japan. I've had cans from them before. Very good quality and unbelievable light. This full system looks exactly like the Arata system I just picked up. Arata stateside is $2k. This is much less. Probably from the same source. It's an option if you want to save a lot of weight and get a full system.

CBR600RR 07 12 Ladybird Titanium Full Exhaust System with HRC Type Box Muffler | eBay

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never heard about Ladybird, but a full Ti system for $1399 is a great value. Shipping from Japan is only $89... Very interesting!

·
Registered
903 Posts
You can look them up on Ebay. They've been around for quite some time. Ladybird is the brand but I think it's made by someone else there in Japan that's also sold under a couple different names. Arata is one. That 600RR system looks exactly like the Erion (by Arata) I just picked up. Like I said amazing quality. They were/are very popular in the RC30 and RC51 community.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts