Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i would like to ask
when i twist the knob all the way my bike goes really loud and rpm goes really high and im speeding but when i let go for a little bit rpm goes back down alot
can anybody tell me if anything is wrong with the engine
i have a yoshimura slip on with 16k miles

·
Registered
532 Posts
when i twist the knob all the way my bike goes really loud and rpm goes really high and im speeding but when i let go for a little bit rpm goes back down alot

haha WOWWW
i hope thats a joke...

·
Registered
97 Posts
:tard: Did I really just read that? Yut Ugh?

·
Registered
7,495 Posts
Ha ha ha ha, oh man you should be more specific. What are you talking about, twisting a knob?

If you're actually being serious about your bike, the only thing I can think of is that you've got a bad clutch and you're just slipping a lot. Other than that, you better not be Yut Ugh'ing.

·
Registered
939 Posts

perhaps, for yours and everyone elses peace of mind, get the bike serviced?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
thats just "engine breaking"

that means your motor is slowing down because you let off the throttle

·
Registered
127 Posts
YES. when you twist the throttle (knob) it will speed up..(it should get louder too!!)
And YES when you un-twist the throttle (knob) you will slow down
im pretty sure the engineers at honda get paid alot to design a motorcycle to do that.

but to me your motorcycle seems broken. i think you should sell. but keep your helmet, you may need it.

·
Registered
477 Posts
YES. when you twist the throttle (knob) it will speed up..(it should get louder too!!)
And YES when you un-twist the throttle (knob) you will slow down
im pretty sure the engineers at honda get paid alot to design a motorcycle to do that.

but to me your motorcycle seems broken. i think you should sell. but keep your helmet, you may need it.

Couldn't do much but laugh at this one. But yes, that IS normal.

·
Registered
7,495 Posts
ok i said it kinda wrong but yeah...i think one of u guys said it... it may be the clutch problem
If you are in low RPM and you twist to W.O.T., does your RPM spike quickly without the acceleration to match? If that happens then it's your clutch. If it doesn't, and you are in high RPM, when you let off the throttle your engine will brake. How fast the RPM falls is dependent on what gear you are in. Don't worry about the flame being thrown around in here, we're just having some fun with you. :five:

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
Assuming you're not a horrible troll, I can't believe you ride a bike, let alone a CBR. Go buy a gixxuh

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
well how much longer do u think i have on the clutch??
Less than a mile. Don't ride it. Clutches like this can blow into **** loads of metal pieces when they are under extreme stress like yours is.

Get the gixxer, cbr's have **** for clutches.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts