Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. here is a post to tell it.
tell the funnies thing you have ever heard from someone about bikes. whether they stoped to talk to you or told you something about a bike they had or whatever the case may be....
and please.. we allready all heard "You have a headlight out"

mine would be when a guy was talking to me when i was on my RR and he was telling me how he has a Gixxer 1000 and he has wrecked it like 4 times allready and then he asked me what size my bike was. My bike says "600RR" on the tail like everyone elses,, so i tell him its a 600.. he says "man that is too small, i need a bigger bike than they, they dont have any power"..

so i replied. "Is that why you have wrecked yours 4 times allready"

another good one is from my buddy... he was on his ZX6-R.. and a guy walked over to him at a gas station and told him how he used to own a Gixxer 900 back in the day, and he wanted to upgrade to a Katana because they are the fastest and best handling bikes on the road.

so fire away.. tell a good story or line or whatever.

H

·
0 Posts
yeah i hear all the time ppl say that they need at least a 750 or 1000 because a 600 is too small for them.... then i reply with.. "you are basing your assessment of that on????"

and there is no response...

·
Registered
90 Posts
i was following a yellow civic with a coffee can as a muffler and i knew that the guy saw me 'cause everytime a straight came he would gun it and try to leave me (i ride an SV by the way) but he couldn't 'cause of the torque the SV has... so we get to a traffic light and i get to the lane beside him so that i can see who's driving. well the guy rolls down his window and asks me what kinda bike i have i'm like "an SV650S"... he says "is that new" i say "yah, it's a 2005"...

... then he says, "dang, so you're must be faster than my ninja 636 since yours is a 650" i thought the guy was playing but he was dead on serious. he had a dissapointed look in his face like he had wasted his money. i was laughing and he saw me laughing at him. the light had just turned red so i then explained to him that he's is a SPORTBIKE and i ride a STREETBIKE so the ninja was faster. then he gave me a look like he just got first place in a competition or something. like "yah, i'm still better than you" when he knew that, he rolled his windows back up, like i wasn't worth his time!

SQUID!!!!!!!

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
well i lived one of them... (see below) the other would be that story about the pissed off squirrel that attack the rider.

SO now were get to the best two roads on our trip. Paul gets a chance to hit curves again with some confidence and Nate gets the chance to build some confidence. I am thinking the only way this day could get worse (from a wild life perspective) is if a deer is in the road. But the run through these couple of roads is perfect.

We decide after this section of the ride to go eat. Ont he road to 58 we see some turtles and other wildlife, but nothing in the road.

On the side of 58 is a little restaurant called "Two Wheel Cafe." We decided to try it out. It ended up being much nicer than we expected. The people working there were very nice and we each got a chicken finger basket and some cola. We enjoy the AC for a while and decide it is time to head out.

We head out and hit another curvy road. We get rolling and spread out to a reasonable distance. Paul is running second with Nate folling him. I start getting back into a groove when I crest a hill and "HOLY COW!" all i see is a HUGE BLACK COW STANDING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE F'N ROAD WITH A MOUTH FULL OF GRASS.

I am hard on the brakes and trying to signal back to Paul. I am baffled with this cow (new one for me) and I manuever around and look hoping Paul and Nate have the same luck I do. Paul crests the hill, see the cow that has moved to the shoulder and start toward me. I guess Paul had on a cologne the cow liked cause it started toward him as he drove by. THen Paul pulls up next to me and we look back for Nate.

Well, the cow really liked paul, cause it started trotting toward us. We put the bikes in gear and start rolling forward at 5mph or so. This is the perfect Kodak Moment. It is me, Paul, this cow and then Nate going down this road. The cow was kind of going from side to side, so Nate was struggling to find a safe way by. Paul and I could not stop because the cow was chasing us.

This was a moment where all I could do was laugh at the situation.

Nate finally gets by. We start to scoot up the road when we see the farmer looking for his cow. We point and then move on.

After that, the rest of the ride was uneventful. But I had a heck of a laugh and will probably continue to do so fo a while.

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
Me, chrisNH (chris) and KhMeRGuY978 (rocco) went riding tonight and we stopped at a gas station to smoke a butt. Well this guy rolled up on his yellow 05 gixxer 600. He was wearing a beater and sun glasses and he had what was apparently his boyfriend on the back. We kept laughing and staring and as the cool kids rode away the squids boyfriend gave us the finger. You kind of had to be there I guess. It was funny.

·
Administrator
51,144 Posts
blue
that was one funny story man iam glad no one went down
next time capture the cow and call eazy e to pick it up

·
Administrator
51,144 Posts
the fatter the better more beef jerky lol
glad to see you are out riding with friends and having fun
that is the spirit bro :beer:

·
Registered
621 Posts
well im a big guy 230lbs
and i have a 1000rr
as im at a bike night some big guy prolly 260lbs to 280lbs walks up to me and

Him: How ya like your honda ??

Me: its nice man lots of power and handles great

Him:yeah i like the looks but i didnt buy it cause its a FAT overweight pig so
thats why i bought the ZX-10

Me:look dude if we were so concerned about weight we both would be on a diet

Him: *dirty look* then walks away

lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
zman said:
well im a big guy 230lbs
and i have a 1000rr

lol

that's funny!!!

·
Registered
907 Posts
zman said:
well im a big guy 230lbs
and i have a 1000rr

lol

lololol

i guess not that funny but ironic...

I layed my bike down a couple months ago, its all wetsanded down and dull right now. I'm sitting at a gas station getting a drink. So some kid rolls up on a brand new gixxer 600 and gives me the "holier than thou" look with the 5 gayed- out car buddies all snickering being gay. Not more than 10 minutes later he's chatting on the cell phone and his bike starts tipping and he can't hold it up cause he has the phone glued to his ear and it falls over and i see little pieces snapping off and flying. Too bad, should have put the phone down. I sat on my bike drinking my juice laughing at him.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
ooskillswillsoo said:
lololol

i guess not that funny but ironic...

I layed my bike down a couple months ago, its all wetsanded down and dull right now. I'm sitting at a gas station getting a drink. So some kid rolls up on a brand new gixxer 600 and gives me the "holier than thou" look with the 5 gayed- out car buddies all snickering being gay. Not more than 10 minutes later he's chatting on the cell phone and his bike starts tipping and he can't hold it up cause he has the phone glued to his ear and it falls over and i see little pieces snapping off and flying. Too bad, should have put the phone down. I sat on my bike drinking my juice laughing at him.
Thats a perfect example of karma right there.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I was sitting in a parking lot, when some lil buck 10 drink of water walks up looking at my 04 R1 saying it looks nice and all, i said thanks adn he is just lookin at the 1. I asked him if he rides, and he told me he just got rid of his kick ass Katana 1200, and how bad ass it was and all. And now he has a a hyabusa 1500. He was soo cool!!!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
I posted this 2 years ago when i had my ninja

a close one.........

Like many forums, what makes this site so addictive is not just the excitement of learning something new, but the thrill of applying it. During work yesterday I discovered a few threads on shifting, so needless to say, I felt the urge to race home, hop on my ninja and go out for a long shifty ride.

After a typical excruciating NY commute, I slowly walked in the front door, kissed the wife and kids, and mumbled the words – “What a freakin stressful day”…….the trap was set. For those who are married with kids - you know exactly what I’m taking about. Sometimes its tough sharing the bike with the family on a week night. My wife looked at me and said – “Go ahead, but I’m not reheating your dinner”. Although I was completely famished, my hunger to ride was even greater so I ran upstairs, threw on my jeans, grabbed my riding gear and headed for the bike.

1.5 hours passed as if they were 1.5 minutes. As I backed the two-wheeler into the garage, I dropped the kickstand and properly dismounted. For some stupid reason, I was not happy with the position of the bike. I decided to move it forward an inch, of course not realizing that I had slightly retracted the kickstand. I let go of the handlebars and started to turn around when suddenly I felt the weight of the bike on my right thigh.

I grabbed the bars and we began our decent. Luckily my left shoulder struck the garage wall preventing me from falling any further (ouch!). As I straightened up the blue beast, my face was red, my arms looked like I just finished boot camp, and my adrenalin was pumping like being chased by a big dog. While cursing softly, I managed to collect myself before entering the house.

As I opened the door, my wife looked at me and asked….“how was your ride”? In a very cool and somber tone I said…“it was alright”. She then said….“hope it was better than your parking”.

·
Registered
621 Posts
skhalifa said:
”. She then said….“hope it was better than your parking”.
nice
and yeah i know the feeling with da wife
"you gonna go ride again ????"

·
Registered
88 Posts
About a month or two ago i went to sign papers for my insurance. As I come out and am about to turn on the bike, a guy pulls up in the parking space next to me. He steps out and says "is that air or liquid cooled" and im like "liquid" and he says "yea, i had a motorbike when i was younger, and you should have seen my wife fly over the hood of the car that didnt see us.." i stood there for a second, and im like , ok, well, see you later...

1 - 20 of 57 Posts