Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out practicing wheelies and stoppies today. On a few wheelies, I landed rough but I didn't notice anything. On my last stoppie, The bike slowed down hard, but not enough to come up. It felt like I could pull the break in a lot farther also.

I drove slow and pulled the clutch in, pulled the front break gently and every tire rotation I heard like a little click sound.

The bike runs great and there are no obvious problems with it. What do you think? Is it a big problem?

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Step right up ladies and gentlemen, Be the first to flame another wannabe stunter

It sounds major, DON'T RIDE IT untill it's fixed, or trade in for a gixxer

Is it anything obvious like a broken disc or brake pad?

Either that or the stresses of stoppies/wheelies could have cracked a bearing

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
little click, as in a rock stuck in the tire? or does it sound worse than that?
check the rotors and pads, as Wherzroony said, and make sure nothing is chipped or cracked. I doubt it's anything serious, prolly just the brake dragging on the rotor, they are semi-floating and tend to get off-kilt now and again. and they will make noises all on their own, just what they do.

WherzRoony, don't be so harsh on him, not everbody rides the same way. to each his own, as long as your livin life on 2 wheels, it's ok with me, no matter your riding style.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate it Ceph.

WherzRoony, I will be the first to tell you I suck at stunting and don't claim to be one. I am just having fun and thought that you guys (who are more experienced) might give me some help.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Ceph said:
WherzRoony, don't be so harsh on him, not everbody rides the same way. to each his own, as long as your livin life on 2 wheels, it's ok with me, no matter your riding style.
I couldn't resist

Is my bike broken?? I've only been beating the hell out of it with stunts. I just don't like to see an RR abused like that

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Weather it's a brake problem or whatever, don't ride it untill it's fixed. It'd suck if the front tire decided to stop turning at 60mph

·
Registered
322 Posts
If it is the bearings, if I were you I'd buy a set of ceramic ball bearings because they create less friction (just a hair) and that only means it'll be slightly faster (might not even notice it)....

Just a thought! ;)

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Sounds to me like youve just worn through your brake pads, dont suppose youve got some nice grooves on your front brake disk?

·
She thinks my tractor's sexy, it really turns her
5,253 Posts
When you say ticking, is it really a tick, explain more, b/c my brakes at first made a sound where they were rubbing just a little bit.?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BenReilly, I think thats what it is. When I rode today there seemed to be a lot less noise. Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts