Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I meet up with a friend who has a 1000rr and we go to meet 5 of his other friends. 4 Hondas and 1 Yami. Were on the freeway and I am the last one overlooking the rest of the group. All of a sudden the guy in the Yamaha R1 starts slowing way down so I start trying to clear lanes to get his bike to the side. We see that the bolt that holds the front sproket just came off. 6 Hondas and 1 Yamaha, the Yami broke down. This is why I ride honda, no worries for something to go wrong.

·
Registered
615 Posts
maixner96 said:
So I meet up with a friend who has a 1000rr and we go to meet 5 of his other friends. 4 Hondas and 1 Yami. Were on the freeway and I am the last one overlooking the rest of the group. All of a sudden the guy in the Yamaha R1 starts slowing way down so I start trying to clear lanes to get his bike to the side. We see that the bolt that holds the front sproket just came off. 6 Hondas and 1 Yamaha, the Yami broke down. This is why I ride honda, no worries for something to go wrong.

*gulp* watch what you say ;P

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
dam, that sucks, im sure with all those hondas someone had to have some tools on them or in the tool box

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
dozadj said:
You better knock on wood now. I am going to just for reading this thread.
damnit DJ....now im gonna have to do that. lol

the guy probably didnt follow up and double check his maintenance. it can happen to anyone who dont follow maintenance routines, overlooks their maintenance or gets complacent (sp?).

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh I know it could happen to me but it was still funny that the Yami took a crap out of 7 bikes. We were really close to my shop. I work on Japanese vehicles and one bike ;). So we all got there and I luckily found a nut to put on there.

·
Registered
194 Posts
yea, 1 of my buddies bought a brand new r1 last year and brought it over to the house, started to rev it and a bolt fell off from the engine or somewhere. i dont think its the yami itself though, its the dealership that preps the bike

·
Registered
50 Posts
Knock on wood!

maixner96 said:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts