Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks! I'm desperate for some help here. My bike ('05) keeps blowing the 10W fuse for the turn signals/horn. Nothing has changed on the bike, no mods done on it for 3 years. All the wiring looks fine. No evidence of a problem that would cause a short.

At first the fuse would blow after riding for a while (30+ minutes). Now it's blowing that fuse immediately when I turn the key to the ON position and haven't even started the bike.

Any idea what it could be?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Could any cable riot from rubbing, aging, cutting, crockcoach biting or anything? Have u actually checked the wiring through on all four turn signals and ur horn? It has to be a short circuit somewhere coz Fuse doesn't blown for no reason and this is why it is there, a buffer zone for troubleshooting. take some time having your fairing off with plenty of 10A fuse in hand to troubleshoot, good luck dude!

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
has it been crashed lately?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
has it been crashed lately?
I lowsided it a year ago. No problems with the bike after that.

++++++++

I stripped the bike down today. Unplugged all the turn signals. Started up, ran no problem, horn works no problem. I unwrapped the tape from the front signals that the PO installed (Hot Bodies flushies) and aside from some very lazy work (no solder, no heat wrap), I don't see any immediate problems.

Plugged the front signals back in, started the bike. Horn works. Right signal works. Left signal will not light up, makes the headlight pulse. After a few seconds, it blows the fuse again.

Could it just be a crap turn signal?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts