Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have 06 600r, today i tried to see why my tach meter isn't working. I check all the wires and found this clip that fused two wires together so i figured removing it since the bike still starts and everything still worked. So i took the bike for a ride and the bike died on me. The fuse for the fuel pump and starter keeps blowing. However i replaced it and it will blow about a minute later. Ever since i remove this clip that fuses two wires together the fuses has keep on blowing while i ride which kills the bike. Anyone know what it could be and why was these two wires crimped together?

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
This is a perfect example of why you should check (own) the Service Manual.

Chapter 21 Lights is a wiring diagram. It tells us that that harness belongs to the right side handlebar control group.

Those two wires are likely the Ignition Kill Switch wires. When jumped together they allow the bike to start. When separated, the bike will not ignite.

That was likely put in there by the previous owner because the bike kept cutting out due to a failing kill switch. Removing it temporarily allowed the bike to run, but the failing kill switch caused it to cut out.

If that grounds out to the frame it's highly likely that the bike will blow a fuse if that is a fused circuit. I think it is. Again, I'm too lazy to check the manual.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You might be right, but my kill switch still functions? I just barely bought this bike and I am a new rider. Can someone confirm this? I will be ordering a service manual in the near future. Thanks for the prompt reply guys!

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I know this isn't the popular answer but: Google "03 600rr Service Manual".

And if you removed the jumper, yes, your kill switch will "function". If it's failing it will be intermittent, that's why your bike cuts out.

I could be wrong. It could not be the connections for your start/stop switch. But, everything else in that harness is for your brake switch and your start button. Doesn't make sense to jump any of those.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts