Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sounds like they could fit on a 600RR with 43mm clamps...

Here is an interesting interview regarding the 600rr Xtreme bike

Q: What was the most challenging aspect about turning a Supersport bike into a 350-pound motorcycle with 130 ponies?

A: Basically we sat down and outlined our targets for weight and power and what we were looking for in suspension. What takes the most time is sorting through the various fork options to arrive at something that has the desired feel. We’ve tested four completely different front end assemblies all the way from last year’s race forks with billet triple clamps to a $15,000 Showa kit front end. Interestingly enough, you know what we’re going to run next year? Production CBR1000RR forks.

mmmm... radial brakes and smaller (lighter? stiffer?) USD forks :shock:

more of the article:
http://www.hondaredriders.com/insideline/currentfeaturedetail.asp?ArticleID=390&Type=RR

C

·
0 Posts
Sweet idea....inverted forks on the 600rr....I wonder they are going to try out the HESD?

·
Registered
919 Posts
I cant wait until next fall or this time next year when the CBR1000RR forks should be in good supply from wreaked bikes.

·
Registered
919 Posts
hey I dont crash em but I do you their parts, dont want them to go to waste, Beside we all know that there are plenty of newbs that will buy 1 and crash it with harly any miles on the clock. That how I got all my 6RR spare parts so far.

·
Registered
218 Posts
we just better hope that over anxious 600RR ebayers dont pay huge dollars for these forks when they hit the site.....

that will set a nasty standard and our big brothers will take us for everything thing we are worth when they try to sell em

·
Registered
585 Posts
Good point...hey they may reading this too...maybe we should stealth out this thread like the black RR's.

On a more serious note, yeah, it atleast looks sweet. I remember seeing the pics of the RR with the RC51 forks. Way badass. But unless you are a hardcore racer, aren't they a bit overkill? I thought I remeber reading somewhere that most racers were staying with the stock forks and just getting them reworked.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I thought I remeber reading somewhere that most racers were staying with the stock forks and just getting them reworked.
For super sport yes, for FX mabe for the cheap privateers who cant afford nice forks, and for most of the rest as only Honda factory teams or supported teams can get there hands on a set of 1000RR forks. Well at least untill the bike hits the street then you might see more on FX bikes.

G

·
0 Posts
You can get RC forks off ebay for $300. I highly doubt the 1000RR forks will be much better...not to mention that radial mount fork bottoms will mean you need a whole new front end.

RC forks have an external compression adjustment mechanism and a caliper bracket so you can use radial mounts, standard mounts (nissin and brembo) w/ any size brakedisc.

·
Registered
919 Posts
It will be interesting non the less. I looked at the spec of the 1000rr and it has 310 mm rotors (same as 600rr) and 3 square spoke wheels which look very similar to our 600rr. Who knows might be a very close bolt on.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think that Al spoke the truth when he stated that he thought "600s are the future of Superbike". MotoGP is rumored to be considering a displacement decrease in an attempt to slow the bikes (a la Formula 1). With the issues the new 1000cc Superbikes are having with tires, it may hit home soon.

Not sure that the 1000 front-end will be very street-friendly, so I will wait to hear what some other members think before I jump on it. If it works I will jump on it.

·
Registered
391 Posts
malkavian said:
so can you just slap a set of rc51 forks on the rr? I havent even chked into swapping over to inverted
No. The forks on the RC51 are longer and the triples are set up differently so the geometry and ride height changes. Then there are the considerations with wheels, rotors, calipers, fender, clip ons, etc. This is a much more complicated and expensive process than it seems.

A more important question is why? If you interested in the look well then, its your dollar but if you think you need the performance advantages of USD forks there are none in this case. Honda experimented with them and chose against them for a reason.

If you having problems with them I highly recommend send them out to Dan at Kyle Racing and have him set them up for your weight/riding preferences.

·
Registered
27 Posts
ahh no wonder somebody here wants the front end posted at 1000rr.net
Well, if you want it..you better pay top dollar for it lol :D

·
Registered
919 Posts
Honda experimented with them and chose against them for a reason.
I would wager that the 05 CBR600RR has both USD forks and Radial brakes.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts