Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking of selling my 600RR and getting a more upright sport bike that is more comfortable for longer rides and commuting. I did some research online and the FZ-10 seems like an amazing bike. Anyone else think this bike is a beast? I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but this one is definitely a contender for me.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I think they are stunning! tell me, I haven't looked into the specs of the machine have they neutered it any for the upright design?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just watched a review by motorcycle.com on youtube yesterday and they made that bike seem like a load of fun! power wheelies in third gear, decent electronics package, adequate suspension, and essentially its a naked R1. The engine is the same but with a few differences. I would love to get on one of these as an alternative to the BMW S1000R.

I think they blew the CBR1000R out of the water with the FZ-10. But that is an opinion not having ridden either of them.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'm sure us commuters would enjoy life a lot more on something like this...hell and even get more respect from people who don't know **** about bikes because "it's a 1000 bro". It's crazy how many people think that just because a Kawasaki cruiser (for example) has a 750cc engine, that it's a bigger faster bike than my 600RR.

People are so dumb and I generally hate them....

·
Registered
213 Posts
I've been thinking of selling my 600RR and getting a more upright sport bike that is more comfortable for longer rides and commuting. I did some research online and the FZ-10 seems like an amazing bike. Anyone else think this bike is a beast? I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but this one is definitely a contender for me.
Last time I went out for a ride, one pulled up next to me at the lights, and we stayed together for about 2klms.
Man that thing sounded sweet, very impressed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi, I got numerous good comments about FZ 10. They claim it as very good on the road and has a usable power. Moreover, It seems unique and even faster.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Just saw one on the dyno....132hp to the wheel.

Personally, I really like the way they look, and from all of the online reviews I've watched and read....it seems like one hell of a bike!

·
Registered
966 Posts
Why not just put riser bars on a sportbike? Then you have basically the same seating position with all the horsepowers. 132rwhp is great and all but I really hate dumbed down motors. If they wanted 132hp they should have put a bad ass 750 in it.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
132 hp? How much torque

Sad rly.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I was thinking about buying one of these as well. It seemed perfect for day to day stuff as well as some hoon time. Saving up for a car instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
I am simply in love of this stead might even sell my 675R and get one

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone for all your replies and thoughts, the more I research this bike the more I really want it! The CBR600RR will always have a place in my heart, great bike for sure but sometimes we just need to move on with bigger and better things.

I must say that in the past 4 years or more, I've been very disappointed with Honda's design team, it seems that other manufacturers have been passing them up with much better bikes.

·
Registered
966 Posts
You sacrifice useless top end horsepower to get that great low and midrange power. Using a race tuned engine in a street bike is dumb.
Considering I've never felt a 600 lacking in power I highly doubt they made it ever so much better by deleting 20+HP.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Seems like a hell of a lot of fun. Of all the motors in this class, I put the sound right up there with the Duc L2 and Aprilia V4. And since it's a Yamaha, it's fairly certain to be reliable.

The only downside I can see, and it's not small in my mind is the 4.5 (I think) tank. I mean that's 0.3 less than a CBR6, yet likely gets lower MPG. Some people dismiss that, but I think it's a pain, especially if you want to travel somewhere.

Still, a very very cool bike.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Like it, the only thing I don't like is the front fairing above the headlights. Would be cooler naked.
But for the rest, awesome looking bike!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts