Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one is for the Georgia riders on this forum. I have to take my class M riding test soon and was going through the manual and wanted to know what the bike examination before the riding part consists of.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Ride between some lines in a curve at 12-18 mph.
Stop on a X.
Repeat.

Drive 12-18 mph towards a line. A light will tell you to swerve left, right, or stop. Do that a few times.

That's it.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I took the MSF course and had do ride a figure 8 in a small area at slow speed too...is that part of the DMV test?

·
Registered
45 Posts
how long have you been riding if you've got some experience with your permit and are capable of following directions its not as bad as people say as was stated above follow some lines, swerve as indicated by the lights and don't drop the bike or put your foot down except to stop

also no figure 8

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
I took the MSF course and had do ride a figure 8 in a small area at slow speed too...is that part of the DMV test?
not typically for state based motorcycle endorsements.

Some do, most dont, MSF teaches finer control and gets away with it, if required by state testing they would end up with alot of fails ;)

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
not typically for state based motorcycle endorsements.

Some do, most dont, MSF teaches finer control and gets away with it, if required by state testing they would end up with alot of fails ;)
def agree, because that was the only part of the test I was nervous about, my foot hovered above the ground but never touched, cause that test is hard for someone who just learned how to ride the day before.

·
Registered
257 Posts
def agree, because that was the only part of the test I was nervous about, my foot hovered above the ground but never touched, cause that test is hard for someone who just learned how to ride the day before.
get at me when you get your license, I'm in Augusta.

·
Registered
45 Posts
This one is for the Georgia riders on this forum. I have to take my class M riding test soon and was going through the manual and wanted to know what the bike examination before the riding part consists of.

Thanks
I defiantly miss read that the first time I thought you ment the actual ridding test if your referring to an inspection of the bike before the test I dont remember anything special just have safe tires (not bald or showing thread) all lights working wear proper gear and have your reflectors on.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry guys I was more wondering about the bike inspection. So Speed-Kills, you are saying i need my reflectors on? Do you think this would prevent me from being able to take the test?

Thanks,
Drew

·
Registered
45 Posts
im not sure the book is non specific page 43

http://www.dds.ga.gov/docs/forms/MotorManual.pdf

When you report for your test, you should have:
An approved helmet and protective goggles.
For safety, it is suggested to wear long sleeves, long
pants, gloves, and sturdy footwear.
You must furnish a street-legal motorcycle for the test
and pass a safety inspection of the motorcycle by the
license examiner before the riding test is given

·
Registered
45 Posts
if you have the reflectors I would take the 10 min to put them on to be safe
I had flush mount signals and no rear reflectors but I did have the front when I did mine but that was two years ago and I remember hearing they changed the requirements since then

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I appreciate the help.... I'll prob play it safe and put on the reflectors... i'd hate to get there and them say i can't take the test because of some bs..... I just wish the manual was a little more specific.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts