Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
What i did i ran one toward the front and one toward the rear... it cave in more room for the movment and wont rub as much... if anything very little.. ill take a picture tonight...

·
Registered
255 Posts
What i did i ran one toward the front and one toward the rear... it cave in more room for the movment and wont rub as much... if anything very little.. ill take a picture tonight...
I solved my problem too - the lines were just too long. I measured the right length, sent them back to HEL, they cut them down to the right length and now everything is groovy. Both of my lines extend from the master cylinder towards the front of the bike, underneath the throttle cable.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a question about these Gafler lines. How long are they? Individualy?

I've had mine custom made and I think that one is slightly too long, so if anyone has them stil packed or if it is not too much trouble can you please measure how long they are and post it. Thanx.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Just installed my Galfer lines finally, this thread helped a lot! Didn't need to zip tie my lever tho... Now time to crack a cold one and vast in my own glory... Off to the next mod!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
What size speed bleeders do you need for the 07 (front and rear)? I found one site that says 7mm front (1.0?) but doesn't say anything about the rear, same size or different size?

Also, brake fluid. I assume stock is DOT 3, maybe DOT 4 - any cons to going to DOT 5 or the full synthetics, like need to be changed more often?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I received my lines from hardracing yesterday (great service) and used this to do the install. Relatively painless. Took around 2 hours including the distractions from having a couple friends around.

My only question is: what are you supposed to do with the front right side cable. There isn't a mount for it on the fender after the stock cable is removed. Has anyone come up with something creative?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Question about the Crush Washers

HI have done the brakes now few times with this one. First time, I got fluid in the old pads, so I changed my new pads, bleed, done, it brakes really nice.
After couple of days, I saw a small leak on the left side banjo, I said, sh..t I did not properly tighten it, so I did some more, I went a bit pass the spec torque and BAAAAAAAAMMM, broke the bolt, thanks god it did not mess up the threads.
I replaced it with another banjo and reuse the old crush washers (wrooonng), again it worked flawlessly for couple of days, after few days, leaking again.
I finally got the new crush washers, question is, the sides are different, one side is completely flat and the other one is a bit curvy. So, how does it go on?

Flat side against bolt head (curvy against line) - line - flat side against line (curvy against caliper) ?

or the opposite:

Curvy side against Bolt head (flat against line) - line - curvy side against line (flat against caliper)

Help would be much appreciate!!.

Just do not want to have to do them again, or mess up the new crush washers.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
if im installing a new rear brake res. should i install the res. first and then install the lines? also install brake pads.. should i install everything, then bleed... my only real Q is on the res ... im worried if i take off the old one will it leak everywhere

·
Registered
533 Posts
got my galfer lines. and i think or im pretty sure they're too FCKING long! WTF?!?!?!? the rear line stands out like a sore thumb with a kink sticking out the side of the swing arm. looking all ate up and ****.. and i bled and bled the **** out the system and still weak/mushy braking in the front. the rear brake is pretty weak too. not as strong as stock.. my front lines were also rubbing inside the fairings so i just zip tied them in the middle.

maybe i just need to be more patient and bleed more?
maybe they packed the wrong size lines even though the packaging say its for "07 CBR600r?"
im pretty pissed right now lol **** aint cheap and it aint working right.

S

·
0 Posts
You Bleed the MASTER CYLINDER 1st, then you bleed the RIGHT CALIPER 2nd, and the LEFT CALIPER 3rd... then get a feel of your brakes. and redo the process one more pump as recommended. and make sure the cup holding the brake fluid is NOT full to the top, this is due to when the pressure gets hot it expends upwards giving it room to expand and not holding your calipers tight with out you wanting it to...

21 - 40 of 47 Posts