Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was previously using a tiny Jawbone Bluetooth and I dont know how I've made it this long without upgrading...

This is my newest purchase!

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/ps3-gaming-headsets/ear-force-px5.aspx

The Ear Force PX5 !!

I can not believe the difference this thing has made to the overall gaming experience. The presets, the controls, the surround sound, everything is amazing.
I was trying to decide between these and the XP500, but the only difference is that the XP500 comes with the wireless adapter for XBOX, which I didn't need since I'm on PS3.
At first I thought I was gonna have some buyer's remorse but let me tell you, I can hear every single word spoken on chat, every single footstep during gameplay.

·
Registered
809 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Congrats! I was in the same boat, was using the original Sony BT headset, till I upgraded to TB Ear Force PX21. Man the difference in voice and sound quality. I'm mostly on MW3 and can hear footsteps clearly.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I have the same ones. Love them but have been looking into some trittons lately.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Tb X41 greatest head set

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
809 Posts
damn all you big ballers with tb and tritons. i was thinking about them when i got mine but they all seemed to have too many wires and i wanted to be as wire free as possible, though those px5's look rockin

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats! I was in the same boat, was using the original Sony BT headset, till I upgraded to TB Ear Force PX21. Man the difference in voice and sound quality. I'm mostly on MW3 and can hear footsteps clearly.
On MW3, I've been playing around with the presets and trying to create custom ones. I managed to set one up that standard and loud sounds are lowered, but footsteps, silenced firearms and knifes are distinctly loud. Not perfect but it works well while creepin in the bushes.

damn all you big ballers with tb and tritons. i was thinking about them when i got mine but they all seemed to have too many wires and i wanted to be as wire free as possible, though those px5's look rockin
PX5's are wireless meng! On the box itself for hooking up inputs/outputs, I only have two tiny wires (usb and optical). The headset itself is wireless, and even with its batteries, is surprisingly light. They make my Monster Beats headphones look like dookie :lol:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
On MW3, I've been playing around with the presets and trying to create custom ones. I managed to set one up that standard and loud sounds are lowered, but footsteps, silenced firearms and knifes are distinctly loud. Not perfect but it works well while creepin in the bushes.

PX5's are wireless meng! On the box itself for hooking up inputs/outputs, I only have two tiny wires (usb and optical). The headset itself is wireless, and even with its batteries, is surprisingly light. They make my Monster Beats headphones look like dookie :lol:
What system do you play on?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I have the PX-5 as well, got it for Christmas. Huge difference between surround sound speakers and this headset. A nice feature is being able to listen to music and answer my phone while still killing b!tches in MW3. I also like having different volume controls for voice over Bluetooth and game sound. Being able to hear footsteps in MW3 and know where they're coming from is a huge advantage, especially in great-sounding games like MW3. Now if only they'd get rid of lag compensation in MW3 so my 30Mbps connection doesn't get dumbed down to the lowest common denominator in the lobby....

I'm on PS3 - screen name is doomcue.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Wish I could justify spending the money for a pair of Tritons. They look so slick.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I only use turtle beach x41's I think that they have the best sound

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
100 Posts
Tritton is definitely the most popular... As for the best bang for your buck.. when I was hard core into gamebattles, I used some over the ear head phones for hearing and put my mic head set over that. All you have to do is go to the PS3 mic settings and set it up accordingly. IMO it functioned just as well as any rolls royce head set.. and it was cheaper and multi-functional.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts