Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bike Of The Month - 09/05
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi....

On the other day when I was cleaning my bike I noticed that the gap on the fairings is increasing (just beetween the tank cover and the rair air duct covers). Perhaps I'm beeing to perfectionist.... but that just the way I am.
Has anyone else noticied this?
How can I solve this?

The Gap that is appearing is in the zone of the red square (gap not spoted on the pic)

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
had that same problem, its the fairing bracket, losen it up and pull it back, or have a friend do it, then tighten, comes from all them damn wheelies youve been doing.
yet another side effect.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Yo how'd you score a blue '05 ? Damn Europeans

·
Registered
893 Posts
mine got so bad that one of the lil mounting tabs broke so now i'm effed until i buy a new one... or you think my warranty will actually cover that? being it loosened by itself.

·
Registered
126 Posts
onezide said:
mine got so bad that one of the lil mounting tabs broke so now i'm effed until i buy a new one... or you think my warranty will actually cover that? being it loosened by itself.
warranty should cover that i would think.

·
19,904 Posts
it should...

·
Registered
592 Posts
snikwad said:
had that same problem, its the fairing bracket, losen it up and pull it back, or have a friend do it, then tighten, comes from all them damn wheelies youve been doing.
yet another side effect.
dont mean to sound like a newb but can you show me where the fairing bracket is so i can mess with mine, i have a gap too. thanks

·
19,904 Posts
cool dude, i cant tho
im deployed and my bike is locked up with a flat forn tired and all.
anyway.
Look at your gauge pod, th ething holding it and the front farings up, look at it, follow it, to where it meets your "neck" by the frame, infront the tank, under your upper triple, if you dont know.

look on the left side (sitting on the bike) youll see the bolts, get a rachet lossent both, have a friend push the whole nose up, or u can muscle it up liek i did, and then re tighten them.
your done.

let know if you still have trouble.

·
Registered
592 Posts
snikwad said:
cool dude, i cant tho
im deployed and my bike is locked up with a flat forn tired and all.
anyway.
Look at your gauge pod, th ething holding it and the front farings up, look at it, follow it, to where it meets your "neck" by the frame, infront the tank, under your upper triple, if you dont know.

look on the left side (sitting on the bike) youll see the bolts, get a rachet lossent both, have a friend push the whole nose up, or u can muscle it up liek i did, and then re tighten them.
your done.

let know if you still have trouble.
cool thanks, ill check it out next time i have the bike apart :beer:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts