Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After installing my power commander and after four fill ups I have been having problem opening my gas cap. Two times when I fill up when my fuel gauge is at one bar and I try to open up the gas cap, I feel a suction and when I do open it up a blast of air comes out. And the other two times when my gas gauge is blinking when I put the key in to open the gas cap, the cap cant come out or it wont even pop. I had to use the key as leverage to pull the cap open and even that the gas cap wont come out. I had to use the key and the cover for the key hole to pull the gas cap out and when I do that it comes out really slow. Any ideas.

·
Premium Member
14,406 Posts
After you get it open, I would go through a couple open close cycles while holding it in your hand. You can squeeze the rubber to the top of the cap and this will make your key return to normal position, like it's closed. See if your tabs are getting hung up. T

As for air coming out check your vent line under the tank, might be pinched and it's causing a vacuum seal in the tank. This could also be why the cap is hard to open. T

·
Premium Member
14,406 Posts
Take it to the dealer, let them figure it out. T

·
Registered
156 Posts
Check the vent tube coming from the bottom of the tank.

When it was put back on, maybe it got pinched and is causing a pressure build up.

·
Registered
156 Posts
just saw trip said the same thing

--so yeah, sorry for the repeat, but check that

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I went to the gas station and still the gas cap got stuck. Do you think it could be the map on the pcIII. My bike is stock and I got the stock map. Any ideas:banghead: I dont want to go to the stealership and pay for something that they cant fix

·
Premium Member
14,406 Posts
If you don't want to take your tank off try this. Fill your bike all the way to the top. then take it home and lean the bike over. If fuel does not come out of one of your tubes then it's clogged. You need to get this cleaned out. Mud wasp would love your hoses to make a nice nest in. T

PC should not have any effect on the cap

·
Premium Member
14,406 Posts
You might have to pull the line and manually check. Put some water through it or compressed air. T

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well you want a follow up. My bike is pissin me the f**k off. Lift up my gas tank checked all the hoses, everything went back good, no kinks or what not with the hoses and still all the ********, and everytime I go to fill up on gas, the suction gets worse everytime. And for just getting the pcIII it makes the bike feel alot better than stock until I can get me an exhaust

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh yeah I talked to the techs at the dealership and they say it was normal and everything is fine. My last two bikes that I had did not have this problem. All my riding buddies bikes did not have this problem. I had one of my good riding buddy who works on bikes say something is wrong and he cant see anything wrong with the hoses

·
Registered
125 Posts
I know this post is old but I had the same issue, first the bike would choke up....

Got the diagnostics back from the shop, your not going to believe this.

GAS CAP!

he check the pump and it checked it out good.

he check the air filter and it checked it out good.

during this process he checked all fuel related items, lines etc, but then he though.

"Let me take off the gas cap and change it with a new one"

bingo! bike does not chock.

he mentioned to me that the gas cap was not releasing pressure when you opened the tank cap, the non-pressure release caused the fuel pump to have issue at high load (reeving 5k RPM +) after you where on it.

so to make it short, its normal for the bike tank to have this pressure, but to much pressure can cause issues. if the bike is till under warranty, have them check the seals

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.