Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently lifted gas tank up looking for a slow antifreeze leak. After finding it and replacing tank and fairings it sat for the night. Today I took it to get gas and rode around until it had about a quarter tank left. I parked it in the garage and then came back to it a half hour later. I notice a slow drip of gas coming out of the drain tube located Of to the side of the tank. Any suggestions on what may cause this? It's obviously not just overflow from fueling.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
you'd have to take the tank off the bike and disconnect the fuel line...you cant THERALLY inspect ththe fuel line just by lifting the tank and "peek" on where the cut is. OR maybe you just didn't have the same problem as I did and if that was the case than...hmmm, dealership or local shop?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see what your saying. Thanks for the help. I just think we are talking about seperate lines. The main fuel line is located in the center of tank (the one with the bolt running through it like a brake line). The smaller rubber hose to the right is a 3/8 line that wraps around into the metal bracket, located in center also and then changes to 1/2 rubber hose that runs down stator towards kickstand

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
If I'm not mistaken the main fuel line connects to the lower injector rail.... anyway I'd check that if I were you (you're right the one like a huge breakline, just be extra careful not to drop the crush washers though - you'll see ass you go along)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So you think it may be leaking around the vent inside the tank? That's the only reason I can come up with is to why gas would leak out the vent hose when there isn't much gas in the tank.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I think (for me at least) its the fuel line. Gas would only come out from the vent hose/overflow if you top off or drop the bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts