Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I have an 03 and I have always ridin the bike to the last bar then freak out about running out of gas. Question: is there an indicator that says low fuel or does the last bar blink before I'm about to run out or any other kind of warning signal. I would just ride it till its out of gas to find out but.....im never afraid of asking a question lol

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Ya don't ride until you run out of gas... The last bar flashes when you are just about out of gas but as far as other warnings I don't think so..

·
Registered
809 Posts
so I have an 03 and I have always ridin the bike to the last bar then freak out about running out of gas. Question: is there an indicator that says low fuel or does the last bar blink before I'm about to run out or any other kind of warning signal. I would just ride it till its out of gas to find out but.....im never afraid of asking a question lol
The final bar blinking is your indicator that you are low on gas. I remember having this discussion in another thread....I believe someone chimed in (I thought it was Moeman) and stated that when the bar is blinking you have approximately 25 or so miles left. This, of course, depends on how you were riding and how your bike is tuned (hence the approximation). In short...if she starts flashing...get somewhere ASAP.

Additionally, I heard word (in that same thread I can't find) that you should "never trust your gauges." I somewhat agree with this, as often times I start the bike and it has one bar, but then after standing the bike upright it has 3 :confused1...which means that the sensor is very touchy.... I recommend going by your odometer...(i.e., around 110 miles I fill up). Hope this all makes sense my man!

Hope this helps! Ride safe and keep the shiny side up :cruising:

~Darius

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I always fill up right when I hit the last bar. Or shortly thereafter. I have never seen the red/black flashing indicator on my bike and I intend to keep it that way. Went to look at a few bikes before I bought my and the PO fired them up and when I saw that red/black light blinking I knew the owner didn't give a shet about his bike... don't run your tank that dry, it's not worth it!

·
Registered
133 Posts
The final bar blinking is your indicator that you are low on gas. I remember having this discussion in another thread....I believe someone chimed in (I thought it was Moeman) and stated that when the bar is blinking you have approximately 25 or so miles left. This, of course, depends on how you were riding and how your bike is tuned (hence the approximation). In short...if she starts flashing...get somewhere ASAP.

Additionally, I heard word (in that same thread I can't find) that you should "never trust your gauges." I somewhat agree with this, as often times I start the bike and it has one bar, but then after standing the bike upright it has 3 :confused1...which means that the sensor is very touchy.... I recommend going by your odometer...(i.e., around 110 miles I fill up). Hope this all makes sense my man!

~Darius

I think your gauge is reading properly. What side of the tank is the float on? If its on the opposite side of the kickstand you should be good.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts

~Darius
Same thing on mine, when on its kickstand it sometime reads one less bar than when i get on and get the bike upright. I just figured it was close to going down one bar.

I always fill up right when I hit the last bar. Or shortly thereafter. I have never seen the red/black flashing indicator on my bike and I intend to keep it that way. Went to look at a few bikes before I bought my and the PO fired them up and when I saw that red/black light blinking I knew the owner didn't give a shet about his bike... don't run your tank that dry, it's not worth it!
Same here, never seen the last bar flash. only reason i know it does (or supposed to) is from that thread you are referring to. I don't ever feel the need or see the point to make sure it works. when i get down to 2 bars left or about 100-110Miles on the tank, i'm stopping at the next station.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
ive been at one bar but havnt seen the flash yet. i try not to do this due to when you do it sucks it all that crap gas at the bottom of tank. that and after filling. i let it sit for a min to settle any debris if there is any

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
My gas gauge works pretty damn well. Always has given me reliable feedback. You can go a pretty decent distance on one bar, just make sure it's finding a gas station. Only once have I ever been down to one bar, I always keep a full tank when possible either way. Having one is absolutely a necessity for me. Hated having to stop and check the tank on other bikes.

·
Registered
95 Posts
You can go quite a ways when the bar starts blinking, I believe it comes on with 1 gallon of fuel left. Tank is roughly 4.8. I usually get about 220 km (136 miles) before I fill up when i am on my way to Edmonton from home. I've never had a problem with it, other than the first bar lasts forever and when it's gone you have to keep an eye on it because it goes down mighty quickly.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
use your trip meter, and pay attention to how much gas you put in. for me its 14L for 200km. my light come on and i have 4 more L of go juice to use.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts