Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 and the fuel gauge never goes below 2 bars which caused me to run out of gas the very first time it happened, now i have to keep track of my miles. does anyone know what it could be???

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
wish i could help, sorry to hear that...

bump for answers

·
HONDAholic
916 Posts
yup ...... my 06 did the same thing .... its probably the fuel pump, i had mine replaced during the warrenty!

good luck, the stealership will rape you, if its not under warrenty!

·
Registered
962 Posts
Do you know how to take it apart? If you do, take it off and check the 12pin connector on the fuel bar.. if thats not it... well i cant help you any farther. That is really odd though. Maybe your sensor is dead?!?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya its not under warranty but replacing the fuel pump was my last option. if i do replace it i don't want to get it from the dealer because of the price.

yup ...... my 06 did the same thing .... its probably the fuel pump, i had mine replaced during the warrenty!

good luck, the stealership will rape you, if its not under warrenty!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ill try that.

Do you know how to take it apart? If you do, take it off and check the 12pin connector on the fuel bar.. if thats not it... well i cant help you any farther. That is really odd though. Maybe your sensor is dead?!?

·
HONDAholic
916 Posts
the sensor sounds like a good idea to check also! I assumed it was the fuel pump but like I said it was under warrenty so I didn't ask the stealership exactly what the problem

·
Registered
753 Posts
My gauge is squirrely. I think all RR gauges are. One day, on the ride home from school, I see 4 bars so I make a mental note to fill up. As I am looking at the gauge and seeing the 4 bars, it drops to three. I think "Wow, I gotta get gas." A few seconds after that thought crosses my mind, it drops to 2 bars, and before I can think "**** I'm low on gas!" it drops to the last bar and starts blinking.. all in 10 seconds. I click up to 6th and snail along to the nearest gas station. Thankfully I make it. I fill up.. TANK ONLY TAKES 2.3 GALLON!! :evil3:

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
My gauge is squirrely. I think all RR gauges are. One day, on the ride home from school, I see 4 bars so I make a mental note to fill up. As I am looking at the gauge and seeing the 4 bars, it drops to three. I think "Wow, I gotta get gas." A few seconds after that thought crosses my mind, it drops to 2 bars, and before I can think "**** I'm low on gas!" it drops to the last bar and starts blinking.. all in 10 seconds. I click up to 6th and snail along to the nearest gas station. Thankfully I make it. I fill up.. TANK ONLY TAKES 2.3 GALLON!! :evil3:
in your case it sounds like the arm fell off the float!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts