Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after a 600mile trip this weekend and running -1/+2 sprockets i'm getting 38 mpg whats wrong here?

04 600rr, kinda sucks while everyone else is getting about 50 mpg on similar bikes, i was getting around 40 before i put on the lower gearing.

I know w/o a speedohealer my ODO and mph is off so i checke dthis with my friends trip, and fuel use of my bike tank to tank. What can i do to imrpove my economy, im not much of a mechanic so i dunno where to start could the plugs be fouled up a bit?

·
Registered
222 Posts
i have stock sprockets and chain.. and avg. 35-37mpg.. i think it depends on how hard you ride.. i get on it.. alot.. sunday i got 40mpg.. did a lot of freeway that day..

·
Registered
228 Posts
i get in between 35-45 depending on how I ride as well

·
Whoring Is What I Do
5,879 Posts
I've got sprockets, full exhaust. I get around 40 mpg consistently and i ride it pretty hard sometimes =X

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
i get in between 35-45 depending on how I ride as well
i second those numbers for my bike and my riding style as well

·
Registered
104 Posts
I was getting 45 mpg before the sproket swap it is just-1+1 so I dont know how much it will affect the mpg

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I have been getting 46-50 but ride very conservative because it is currently my daily driver. But I have had days where I ride 180 miles to my buddy's shop in Sarasota and have had to stop for gas twice each way. So good and bad depending on the ride.

·
Politically Incorrect
124 Posts
i get anywhere from 46-48mpg with my 08 consistently... but then again i do ride like a granny most of the time because i use my bike as a commuter

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
seems to me the cbr is the gas hog of sportbikes maybe unless its a 110 octane racebike.

another guy on an 07 cbr was getting better mileage than me too, we always filled up at the same time and i'd always be down to a quarter tank and theyd be abov half, thats with fuel guages on both cbr's, cours ehis was a stock sprocket 07.

still dont think its that big a diff i think im runing 500rpm higher to get similar speeds.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts