Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have been looking and can't find a good post about gas mileage on a full tank of gas. All the seraches are picking up questions about overall bike miles.

I was wondering the average miles you guys are getting. I have an 03 with around 4k miles and I'm only getting a little over 100 miles to a full tank. I have only been riding 4 months and havent even gotten close to redline. I have no mods. So does that sound right? When I go riding wit my group I'm always the first to have to look for gas.

If there is a post that I may have overlooked can you please redirect me? Sorry if this is a repost!

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
How many gallons are you putting in when you fill up? Are you filling it to that metal ring? Are you running it until the last bar on the gauge starts flashing?

I think I usually get somewhere around 120 miles until the last bar starts flashing.

·
Why isn't this an option? Why man, why?
2,641 Posts
yesterday i filled up after 130 miles on one tank. i could have gone farther but i didn't want to take the chance. those are about half and half, highway and city. i belive i can get about 150 on mine max. i have a full system exhaust, power comander and i roll it very often...so my mileage could be better.

K

·
0 Posts
from 100% full to zero-zip-zilch-nada-nichts-niet fuel @ my average of 42MPG = 192.4mi range

100% full = 4.7 US Gallons
zero gas = sputtering death
Bike = Short Stack 2006

·
Registered
360 Posts
Knightslugger said:
from 100% full to zero-zip-zilch-nada-nichts-niet fuel @ my average of 42MPG = 192.4mi range

That's almost exactly what I get.

·
Why isn't this an option? Why man, why?
2,641 Posts
Knightslugger said:

do you have any mods, how do you ride, and how many miles do you have on your bike...just curious cause i want gas mileage like that!!!

K

·
0 Posts
I editied my post a bit.

do you have any mods, how do you ride, and how many miles do you have on your bike...just curious cause i want gas mileage like that!!!
All i have is the short stack mod (Hence 2006 Short Stack RR).
I ride casually, non agressive most of the time, no wheelies. tripple digits maybe once a month or so.
i think there's about 1800mi on there now. bought it June 21st.

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
the most i think i have gotten is 160 mi or so using about 4 gallons of gas. it is all going to depend where and how you drive. i have heard of people getting 55 mpg. but that is going to be putting under 55 mph in 6th gear = lots of shifting coming to a stop sign. lol

·
Registered
82 Posts
I gt about 100 miles before the light starts blinking. But it only takes about 3 gal to fill it back up. I know it has a bigger tank but i fill up every 100 miles. So i average 33 miles to the gallon.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Comb said:
How many gallons are you putting in when you fill up? Are you filling it to that metal ring? Are you running it until the last bar on the gauge starts flashing?

I think I usually get somewhere around 120 miles until the last bar starts flashing.
Nah i dont wait til the bar flashes. I fill up with one bar left to the metal ring.

this is pretty extreme some folks are getting almost 200 miles and others only 120? Whats the deal? Everyones riding conditions seem fairly the same.

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
i have no clue man. just a thought would altitude affect gas milage. i would think it would

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
I would get around 120 a tank. I would fill to the metal ring and fill back up with one bar left. The most I got out of a tank was like 135 with the last bar flashing.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I really don't like when people talk about miles per tank since different people will fill it up to different levels and get gas at different levels.

MPG is what you really gotta look at so you filling up at 1 bar and getting 100 miles shouldn't get jealous of the guy who fills up at 115 when its flashing.

I get around 44 when commuting and 35 when having fun.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Do you think altitude would effect the gas milage that much? I know I am up at about 6000 ft above S.L. and from a full tank to bone dry I am only looking at about 150-160 mpg.

Also does anyone know why the gas gauge is so inaccurate?

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
i think it is just a type of float. it can get hung from time to time but nothing serious. i just sticks. it isn't anything high tech. maybe someone has a better explanation

K

·
0 Posts
RulingCzar said:
Do you think altitude would effect the gas milage that much? I know I am up at about 6000 ft above S.L. and from a full tank to bone dry I am only looking at about 150-160 mpg.

Also does anyone know why the gas gauge is so inaccurate?
i don't think it's inaccurate, just that most people don't know how to read it. when it flashes red, you've got your last .9 gallons left. I'd much rather find out i've only got 35 miles to go before i come to a sputtering halt than to find out i only have 5 miles to go...

·
Registered
207 Posts
I get better mileage than my car too. So I hardly ever drive it now. It is becoming the biggest garage queen.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Well look at it this way, I was told that you got prolly another 30 miles or so left when the last bar starts flashing. If you are changing it as soon as it gets to the last bar, then you would still have another 50-60 miles left on the tank. Or close to that. So when u say u get 100miles to the tank, it's cuz you are putting gas in it early. You are actually getting about 150-160 miles to the tank. Hope that sounds right, cuz it looks good.

·
Registered
344 Posts
i get about 33mpg if i'm really on the throttle and about 42 mpg if i'm easy on it and in high gearing. relates to about 100-140 miles / tank full (tank full = ~3 gallons).

1 - 20 of 32 Posts