Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this isnt a complaint about the price of gas or anything, i found tons of posts on that.

i was wondering what does everyone run on there bike, regular, premium, plus? and what kinda of mileage do you get to a tank? i know its all based on different driving styles, but id like to get a rough idea

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gfisher99 said:
I get about 120 miles on my tank when the gas gauge starts to flash...
really? OK so I am not seeing things when I am thinking I'm only getting 120 miles on a tank

·
Registered
37 Posts
jayel579 said:
gfisher99 said:
I get about 120 miles on my tank when the gas gauge starts to flash...
really? OK so I am not seeing things when I am thinking I'm only getting 120 miles on a tank
Yeah.. I have heard of some people saying they are getting like 160 on a tank.. Either I drive like an a$$ or they drive like women.. ;-)

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
im right around 120 or so when i fill up and im on last bar and havent hit reserve yet..

I know i get about 18-19 miles per bar on the gas guage..

so 18 miles per bar x 7 bars = 126 miles..

·
Registered
10 Posts
i thought it was just me all my friends get like unreal mileage in there bikes and i fill up like everytime i get on my bike. plus i am the only person i know with a rr over here so i can't compare but used to get like maybe 100 or something. i am better now that i got my pc

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
I got 90 miles on my first tank so far and I am on the last bar, not flashing yet. I have no clue what kinda gas the dealer put in when I bought it but I plan on putting the highest octane I can find in it when I have too (minus race gas).

Jason

·
Registered
729 Posts
Flashing means it's on reserve and you got about 1 gallon left, that's a pretty generous reserve, figure 20%, that's like your gas light coming on at 4 gallons in a 20 gallon tank when it's more like 2.

I got 145 on my first tank with the light flashing, I filled up 3.75 gallons, so not bad at 39MPG

·
Registered
544 Posts
Damn??? i am consistantly getting 145-180 per fill up on 87 octane??? i shift it about 7k rpms and usually never go above 65-70 mph???

I have to get good mpg? my frontier is runnin like 20 mpg!!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
I fill up w/ the light flashing at 116 miles.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Damn??? i am consistantly getting 145-180 per fill up on 87 octane??? i shift it about 7k rpms and usually never go above 65-70 mph???
Why don't you just park it. :neutral:

·
Registered
393 Posts
the 600RR gets crappy gas mileage. i get about 120 miles and then i am on the last bar. usually i am in the 33mpg range, which is absolutely junk. i was on a group ride with a bunch or R1's, CBR954's, a TL1000R, ZX-9R, etc, and I got the worst mileage of the lot. It was a slow ride, we never went over about 8k rpm or 80 mph (there were a few beginners with us - one on an EX-500 - luckily she was cute). Most of those people were getting 45-50 mpg during the ride. All my other bikes (EX-500, ZX-7R, and a YZF600R) all got at least 50mpg when I took it easy, and never below 40mpg on the street.

Add that with the gasoline smell on my clothes ('03 600RR)... and I might not buy a Honda again. Starting to think I should have stuck with Yamaha or Kawasaki. Of course... HONDA fixes the smell issue for the '04's... :bitchslap:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts