Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got out of work today to find that my bike had some gas puddled below the overflow tube on the kickstand. I had filled up the tank last night, but the commute to work is 40 miles...

Obviously the bike was leaned to the side being on the kickstand, but what would have caused it to leak out the overflow? (It was ~95 out today and the bike is in the sun most of the day until mid afternoon when shadows from the building move over it)

I ride to work pretty often and it's been in similar weather conditions many times before, but never had it happen until now

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
ive usually only seen that after fulling up then traveling a short distance, the gas expands in the tank because of the heat, but 40mi is pretty far for there still be enough gas to raise it over the top,

·
Registered
21 Posts
happened to me not too long ago. same conditions for the most part hot humid weather, and full tank of gas. I was riding in mostly stop and go traffic that day.After i came home i notice it dripping but it was nothing bigger than a half dollar. How big was your "puddle"? Id say your fine, but then again im not a mechanic

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it was maybe 2-3" diameter...nothing much. I just assumed it was the hot/humid weather like OP mentioned, but just checking with the forum to make sure it wasn't something else

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
More than likely just the overflow. How high did you fill the tank?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts