Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before i start i'd like to say that i used the search button but couldnt really find an answer. My bike is an 08' graffiti edition with 8,6xx miles & a custom slip on (although i think it may just be the muffler) im the 3rd owner.

I do a good job at keeping an eye on the gas guage & the mile trip meter so i knew i should still have around 40 miles to go while the light blinks red, i was getting off the freeway when the bike started sputtering so i got nervous & luckily for me there was a gas station about 1/4mile from the ramp but once i got on the street the bike shut off & i tried turning it back on and it sputtered then i made my way to the side of the street (opposing traffic) which was slightly embarassing because it's a block away from my school too, thank god for a helmet! Anyways, it managed to turn on & sputter it's way to the gas station then shut off and when i filled the tank it only filled 3.8 gals & out bike holds 4.8 gals correct? So idk why it was turning off! Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,726 Posts
check your kill switch common problem..

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,726 Posts
Hmm what do you mean? I never "engage" my kill switch
you don't have to engage it theres a contact in the killswitch that tends to come loose on these Hondas. im not saying that that is why its shutting off but worth to double check it. if you search the troubleshooting thread youll see a lot of threads where the kill switch goes bad and bike starts shutting off randomly.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,726 Posts
Did it shut off before or just on that tank? Might of just been bad gas

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I always fill it with 91 & i'll look into the killswitch thing although im not sure if that's it because it was sputtering along near the end, dunno. It's only happened to me this one time & after i filled it it was running like it always does, perfectly. Thanks for all the replies guys! & gals

If it was a killswitch issue wouldnt it just shut off without warning?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts