Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought this 2005 CBR600RR last week. I'm a new to motorcycle, just got my license a week ago by finishing a Basic Riding Course with a 125cc bike. So just in front of the dealer, I set the bike down to the ground when I braked to a complete stop while turning. When I straightened the bike up, I found some liquid (about 3 cups)on the ground from the pipe which was just beside the sidestand. It smelled like gas. I was scared and called the staff out, they took the bike for a ride and said everything is fine.

Does anyone know what the problem is? What are those 2 pipes at the left side of the bike for. There must a reason why they are there.

·
Registered
266 Posts
The gas tank could have been over full. Had that happen to me as well. But with an SV way back when. Are the pipes you are talking about the rubber jobs? They are for overflow...I think.

Hey I am just a chick.

Be Careful! Ride within your limits! and WEAR YOUR GEAR!!!!

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
When you "set" the bike down do you mean on the kickstand or on its side? The hoses next to the kickstand are overflow and one is for the gas tank.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys. I mean I dropped the bike by the side. I just want make sure there is nothing wrong with the bike.

·
Registered
223 Posts
you dropped the bike... as in plastic on concrete? Not really following how that is a test to see if anything is wrong with the bike. Unless you're testing that tip over sensor...

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you dumped the bike (wrecked it), it is normal to see gas coming out of those overflow tubes. They are there to vent the tank.

If you did not drop the bike onto the ground, the tank could be overfilled or something is wrong.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm from Miami.

Is it everytime if I drop the bike, there will be gas out of the pipe? I just dropped it really slow.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's the plastic touching the ground. I should get familiar with this terms. Do you call that a wreck?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HAHA. You are just way to optomistic. I bought it with only 40 miles on it. When I bought it, it was previously dropped on the left side anyway. So I dropped it on the other side to make it even.

·
Registered
860 Posts
It's just a little gas coming out of the overflow, especially since I'm sure it had a full tank. It's not a problem.

·
Registered
24 Posts
joehan said:
HAHA. You are just way to optomistic. I bought it with only 40 miles on it. When I bought it, it was previously dropped on the left side anyway. So I dropped it on the other side to make it even.
lmao (extra characters)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts