Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to go do my stacks today and i cant even get the gas tank off! the one in the front on the left is stripped. what could i use to get it out?

K

·
0 Posts
What are you talking about? The tank cover, or thank? becasue IIRC there are only two bolts that keep the tank planted, but there are 6 that keep the cover on. picture?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry, its the one right below the triple tree, its chrome. and its the cover not the tank.

K

·
0 Posts
Do you own an EZ-Out? it's a craftsman tool that is designed to remove stripped bolts. you could take an Adjustable Locking plyers (Vicegrip) and spin it out that way... i wouldn't suggest drilling it out. that should be your very last resort.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Its the tank cover bolt and it will be a bitch to remove
but with the right tools u can take it off

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
guess ill take a trip to sears for the easy out and see if that works. ill try again tomorrow. thanks for the help guys

K

·
0 Posts
all good suggestions.

BTW, it's called Bolt Out, and might not work for you. i thought there was a one that you used for philips head screws...

**EDIT**

Found it. Oddly enough, it's called Screw Out:

>>>>>LINK<<<<<

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
those easy outs, do they just fit on the round part of the screw and grip it somehow?

K

·
0 Posts
well, there are two different types. One that goes on the outside called bolt outs, and one that goes on the inside called screw outs. the one you would want to use is the one that goes on the inside, the screw outs.

you can find them at sears. 20 bucks for a set. check my link from the prior post. i fixed it.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
k thanks, i hope those work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts