Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a speedohealer on my bike, the issue is when I lifted my tank up a couple of lines got disconnected and I don't know where they go. One of them is my fuel line (I think), it was leaking a fair amount of fuel but I got it cleaned up with a towel. The other seems to be some sort of overflow line. It was disconnected on both ends.

I just need to know where these go back in... I tried figuring it out myself but the smell of gasoline was making me woozy in my small garage.

Here is the one that leaks fuel, still connected to the tank

Here's a picture of the full line

Here's a picture of just the second hose, I found it disconnected on both ends lying on top of my tranny.

And now here's where I think it goes IN to the gas tank

So the million dollar question is "Where do these things go so I can get my bike put back together." A followup would be "Do I need to do anything to keep my bike from exploding when I first start it up after this."

·
Registered
427 Posts
You got it right man. They both come out right by the kickstand. One is a vent tube and other is an overflow. Make sure you don't pinch them while installing the tank

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
I feel stupid but I personally think that was well worth 4 hours and inhaling half a gallon of gas
4 hours, yea...inhaling a couple gallons of gasoline fumes, I would've opened a window or the door for fresh air.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts