Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So long story short, I ran out of gas this weekend b/c my gas gauge never started blinking. I went and picked up gas and it fixed the problem but i carried the gas can home on my bikes gas tank which it proceeded to scratch the $hit out of. So now i've got a bunch of scratches in my gast tank fairing. I'm assuming my options are to either, buy a new one, or get them filled w/ paint and buffed smooth. They scratches are definitely through the clear coat and one in particular really got in kinda deep. It has little white lines through it so i'm assuming it went all the way through. The others appear to just be in the surface of the paint and not quite as bad, though, still irritating cause I know they are there.

Where would be the cheapest place to pick up a new gas tank fairing? and what should I be expecting as far as cost? What about going to a dealer and having them buff them out?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I think some of those scratches can be taken care of with some glaze and a high speed buffer (done proefessionally). Do you have a friend that works at an auto-body or paint shop, it's a quick fix.

·
Registered
601 Posts
you should be able to buff them out...just dont burn your paint with the buffer in the process. You should probably take it to a paint professional and let them do it. Either way its going to be more expensive than a new tank cover.

·
Registered
117 Posts
More expensive? It shouldn't take a lot of work, I don't know how much tank covers are but I doubt they're cheaper than a quick buff job.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
mail to nataypes. get it repainted for good price.

·
Registered
461 Posts
aw pete sorry to hear :/ hope it gets cleared up :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts