Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing a power commander on my 09 cbr600rr and i was wondering, when removing the gas tank, do i have to worry about fuel being in the tank when removing or is there a valve that cuts off the gas supply?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya but the problem with using a cloth with a large amount of fuel is that it has a greater chance of leaking everywhere, especially with a cloth. Im thinking that it might be best to drain it first then use the cloth to refrain from small leakages.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Depends on how much clearance you need. If you only need a little bit you do not have to disconnect but if you disconnect you will get a lot of clearance

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
141 Posts
Fuel hose will be the only thing constricting the amount you can lift your tank as its connected elsewhere. The other breather hose and overflow hose are free at the end. They don't connect to anything. Sonifnu remove the fuel hose from the tank. You are free to go. Just make sure u don't pinch the vent hose when u set the tank back down.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright thanks for your help. As you can tell, I have yet to attempt to remove my gas tank. The last bike i had was an enduro, which was carbureted so it had a valve to switch off the fuel. This information will come into some good use.

btw, win, lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am installing a power commander on my 09 cbr600rr and i was wondering, when removing the gas tank, do i have to worry about fuel being in the tank when removing or is there a valve that cuts off the gas supply?

How did you remove the tank on your CBR ? Do you have an instruction guide, DIY write up with pictures or a video link you can provide ??

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
if installing power comander or such, no need to remove tank.

just rotate/flip it up, using the by the seat mounting point as a pivot.

Highly recommend you use search OTF for "pinched gas tank lines" and "collapsed tank".......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts