Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick lil snippit of a story. Got off work yesterday afternoon and was walkin out to my bike. Got there and noticed my gas lip pulled up. I didn't touch my gas tank at all that day, and it was the one day I left my cover off my bike.

"Hot DAMN looky there! Someone left their bike out in the wide open for me. I'll just sliiiiide on over here and get some ga..... awww..... a locked gas tank.... I guess I

Thankfully they were just goin after gas and didn't try and steal the whole bike... I got lucky this time.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Set them bastards up :icon_lol: then Bam :police:

·
Registered
483 Posts
might have been people just playing with that...it's one of the few movable parts from a stationary bike with a locked handlebar. Just wait till they figure out they can steal your tire vent caps....

·
Registered
460 Posts
At least your bike is alright. If it comes down to it, they can have the gas just don't hurt my bike.

·
Alcoholic.
1,852 Posts
might have been people just playing with that...it's one of the few movable parts from a stationary bike with a locked handlebar. Just wait till they figure out they can steal your tire vent caps....
I know its not funny, but that made me laugh.

·
Registered
159 Posts

Argh somebody stole my caps on my bike, somebody even took the oil cap on my friends bike.

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought that too. But how do they know how much you have until they open'er up? I may have just filled up that morn. That's 4.8 gallons of gas, roughly 19 bucks of gas (premium) free. Who's to say what really happened. All I know is what I found.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Argh somebody stole my caps on my bike, somebody even took the oil cap on my friends bike.

[email protected] kids man! they see a nice bike and want to take something home, to remeber it. Take a friggin' picture! I go ballistic everytime i see people snooping around my bike or touching it. People just go "it's a 600RR" and they pat it...like it's a horse! I so don't get that! I never touch anyone's bike, not even my friends. When i'm interested i just stare at one with my hands behind my back and if i really am curios i ask the owner for permission! Respect others people's property!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I thought that too. But how do they know how much you have until they open'er up? I may have just filled up that morn. That's 4.8 gallons of gas, roughly 19 bucks of gas (premium) free. Who's to say what really happened. All I know is what I found.
um, yea I don't think so

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
...what don't you think so?
It's quite amusing that you think someone would actually try and steal gas from your bike. Maybe if there were marks on the lock as if someone tried to get it open with a screwdriver or something.

If I was stealing gas, the last place I'd try to get some is from a motorcycle's tank. But hey, maybe I'm wrong. Your 2-3 gallons of premium is way more valuable then the 44 gallons of regular that could be in the gas tank of my suburban.

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Well, glad I could amuse you :icon_lol:

You're right... how utterly foolish of me. It could have been that someone came up to my nice, shiny bike, said "ooooh a moveable piece!" and just flipped the lip up for no reason other than boredom. Someone could have had a huge glass of haterade that morning and decided to enrich my $4.13/gal premium gas with a cup of sugar. Maybe someone tripped, fell, and pulled some random "oh my god lemme hold onto this bike" gas tank lip pull maneuver....

Or maybe.... juuuust maybe... someone pulled through the parking lot with the intent of stealing some gas (premeditated or not), and while they passed vehicle after vehicle, they spotted my bike and thought "hey.... bikes are easy pickins... in and out, no time". Only takes a quick second to pop open the lid and look straight down to see if.... oh I dunno.... there's a full tank or not enough to waste time on!

Like I said two posts earlier, who's to say what really happened? Given gas prices and gas theft abound, I can see how ABSURD it would be for my mind to jump immediately to gas theft and how, in retrospect, I should have thought someone just wanted to play with my tank lip.... what a fool I was. The post was really meant in a humor sense. I do hope my rash judgement hasn't lowered my sense of perception in your eyes, as Lord knows I wouldn't want that.

Lighten up man: it was a light-hearted post. Oh, and when I said I was glad I could amuse you, I was speaking the literal truth.

:icon_lol:

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Don't worry, I don't care either way.. I'm just sayin, like someone else mentioned... it's much more likely someone was sitting on your bike fiddling around with **** which I would not be amused about if it was my bike.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Don't worry, I don't care either way.. I'm just sayin, like someone else mentioned... it's much more likely someone was sitting on your bike fiddling around with **** which I would not be amused about if it was my bike.
yeah seriously... stealing gas from a bike is small fry compared to how much gas you can get from most modern day SUV's.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts