Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
What the hell are you talking about??? The 600RR calls for regular gas, the price of gas has gone down to about $2.00/Gal and a Shadow isn't getting you any more milage then the RR.....

with -1 in the front I'm getting about 125-130 miles to the tank on the RR and my "SHADOW" ACE 1100 I get 135 miles to the tank religiously (unless I'm doggin the sh!t out of them)

If you wan a bike with good gas milage buy yourself a YZF600R (not R6) My wife had one and I was getting 220-235 miles to the tank.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I don't remember the last time gas was $2/gal in Southern California! Dr.Spank, some of us live in areas where the gas is expensive. The average gallon that is reported is NEVER anywhere close to what we pay here in So.Cal. or Hawaii. Also, gas in California has the highest price fluctuation depending on what county you are filling up in. Gas may be $2.40 for premium in one area and yet within 100mi down the road it is $3.40 for the same gas. The fluctuation of gas for the past 36 hrs. just in my city, Torrance, has been $2.27-2.79. That is the range for just one small city within Los Angeles over a period less than 2 days!

·
Registered
765 Posts
87 is $2.27 a Gal here in Gainesville, FL.

Ive been running 93 @ $2.43Gal if im easy on it i get 45-47 miles a Gal.(about 150mil. a tank)

·
Registered
577 Posts
I just filled up the cage this morning. 87 was 2.13 at Atlantic Blvd and San Antonio. Best price i've seen in the city. Within this same city, Ive seen some places with 87 as high as 2.69. It fluctuates tremendously here in Ca.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
govenrment is really fukin us then....

Here in TN. last week there were a few gastations that had it @ $1.99/Gal. for Regular.
It's up to about $2.05 right now.....it isn't great but it beats the $3.00 we were paying...

Didn't know he was in Cali...my bad...I figured if it went down here it went down everywhere else also.

But like I said A YZF600R will get you 220-235 miles to the tank....Man I miss that bike!

·
Registered
74 Posts
you guys are lucky. up here where i live in AK it's still 3.07 for reg and 3.27 for premium. They say it takes about a month for prices to go down here after it goes down in the lower 48. It's been over a month and i see no change.... i think they're just pocketing the difference..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts