Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing some work on my rr today. I did not realise that while I was working on the bike that my key was in the on position and the battery ultimately died. I jumped the bike with my car (while the car was off), and imediately noticed that the gauge cluster was not working. The tac, the speedo, gas meter, and temp gauges were not working at all while the clock was working perfectly. The bike runs fine but no gauges. My question,,, Is this happening because I have to recharge my battery to full in order to get those gauges to work or have I blown a fuse or something? Any ideas???

:confused3

·
Registered
639 Posts
Are you sure the plug is in the back all the way? Otherwise I'd say check fuses. Prolly a blown one, but, I've seen the connector come out the back of the meter if the upper fairing was loose or removed.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What plug? I didn't mess with the cluster at all. I was doing all of my work on my integrated tailight.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually I will check the back of the meter because I have had the front off before. Maybe it wiggled itself loose????? Worth a look.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Sounds like fuse "C" is your problem. The fuse box is located behind the left mid fairing. The 10A fuse for the "N, oil, temp, tach, speedo, position, meter light, tail" is popped im guessing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
guage problem

i just changed my rear signals and did some stupid miswiring and checked the fuses and found that it was the number 10 fuse in the fuse box on the left side of the fairing. my clock worked, but i had no speedo, gas, etc.; also, my rear tail light was not working. good luck

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for your help y'all. I was kinda thinking that it might be a fuse and was going to check that. Thanks a ton.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Problem all fixed. It was the fuse. Thanks for the help y'all. You rock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts