Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, so the fuse that controls the tailight running light, license plate light and gauge cluster keeps blowing, and I have no idea what the problem is; I've replaced the fuse about 10 times and keep running out of fuses. This is what I've done..

I just installed new headlights and haven't had any problems. I went on a ride 2 nights ago and just as I was pulling into the parking lot, the gauges went out. So I just thought that it was a one time thing and replaced the fuse, but it wasnt - the fuse blew again. So I took the tail off, looked at all the wiring and nothing, but another fuse blew. So the next time I unplugged the tail light and license plate light and the fuse still blew - so does this mean it has something to do with the front of the bike? It was now that I thought that I might know the problem, so I looked at the front and taped off a couple of loose wires that were hanging out of the grey harness from where I installed a flasher relay. But a fuse blew again after installing... I have no idea what it could be - any suggestions? I haven't tried to unplug and reconnect my harnesses, could this be the problem?

Thanks guys!
James

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
all i can tell you right off hand ... you have a short some where, time to start combing over that wireloom.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha yeah. does anyone have any ideas about whats going on regarding the details i've given? I unplugged the tail light & the license plate light and the fuse still blew. What else could be causing this?

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
More than likely the fault will be with either the third eye or running lights, check the third eye first as you have pulled the front off.

·
Registered
162 Posts
can anyone please say what fuse exactly runs the runnings light and cluster? One of the three under the mid fairing, 30 amp, mini 10amp (i think its a 10, its white) under the seat? or am i missing one?

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Look under the lid that covers the fuses. It shows you which ones correspond. It's a mini fuse. I believe it's 10/15

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thanks trip.. I got so fixated on those other fuses I didn't even notice that fuse box...:banghead:

It was a 10 amp 3rd fuse down. All good in the hood now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts