Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just recently picked up an 04 600rr. After putting it all back together I noticed that the 2 buttons on the gauge cluster are missing, The ones for mode and reset. Now this doesn't bother me too much as its just for the trip odometer but I would like to fix it. What is the best solution? New cluster I'm assuming? I stuck a really small screw driver in hole and only the one button did anything and that was the mode i believe. It switched it to Km/h. But the trip wouldn't reset and I cant set my clock :banghead:

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I know Tripage can change the LED's inside the cluster, maybe they can do repairs as well. It would be worth checking into. You may be able to get it fixed and change the color for less than the price of another display!

Sent from somewhere down the bayou.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Do a search on here and you'll find a thread on how to fix it. All you will need is a ink pen and you use the tube with the ink in it. Did it on my 03 and still works 2 years later. The search function works wonders.

·
Registered
551 Posts
But i tried putting a small screwdriver in the holes for the button and nothing happened for the one.
It's a reset I believe if u hold both for 3 seconds u can change the time but like I said I believe one is a reset

Sent from my PG86100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
I wouldn't be sticking screwdrivers inside the holes. You have electronics in there that you can short out with metal. They have the rubber pieces on ronayers.com that you can buy. The internal fix can then be done and it all should work fine. T

·
Registered
16 Posts
I wouldn't be sticking screwdrivers inside the holes. You have electronics in there that you can short out with metal. They have the rubber pieces on ronayers.com that you can buy. The internal fix can then be done and it all should work fine. T
Hey I know this is old but I'm looking for those rubber buttons but I can't find them on that page, do you have a direct link or the exact name or part number by any chance? Thanks

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts