Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have browsed through several posts on this forum and have not found anyone that had a similar problem. I recently took the fairings off and had the bike painted. Also replaced the radiator and spark plugs while I was at it. When I put the front fairing on to test it the cluster will show the red oil light like normal and will also start but will not show any digital information. The cluster backlight still turns on, but no display otherwise. I have cleaned and reconnected the two main harness connections as well as the cluster connection. Since I replaced the radiator I want to test the fan on it, as well as flush the coolant which requires the thermostat to open up. Since I don't have a display I cannot observe the temperature so I am very hesitant to just let it run until/if the fan kicks on. Very frustrating. I have also went over the fuses and those have all checked out okay. The tail light is still on anyways as well as the cluster backlight so it is definitely getting power. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
First re-check the connection.. Sometimes it comes a little bit loose and won't make good contact...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sprayed and cleaned the 3 connections several times and still nothing. Also it seems the engine fan doesn't want to turn on.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Battery is good to go, it is balance charged and runs good. I was just riding it around but the cluster is still off and the engine fan won't turn on. I hate electrical gremlins.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also checked the main fuse as well as the grounds by the fuse box. The grounds by the fuse box are all that I have found so far.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I would check the grounds that are on the left side under the upper fairing. I know that those go to the ECU for sure and something else up there.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Checked all those too and still have found nothing. I have also applied power manually to the fan and have verified that the fan motor is functional. I am about to start diagnosing the harness coming from the ecu, the grey and blue ones. I'll chime in tomorrow. Thanks for all the suggestions thus far.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts