Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just installed the grcraft rear brake reservoir and it looks great but now i noticed the back brake is like loose in a way... i have to push down a bit further on the brake then i did before... any ideas?

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Probably didn't bleed it right, you may still have some air in the line. Sit on the bike in neutural and step on the rear brake to see if it "locks up" the bike. If not then you still have air. Just bleed it, shouldn't take more than 2 min. now that everything is on.

·
Registered
89 Posts
so i just installed the grcraft rear brake reservoir and it looks great but now i noticed the back brake is like loose in a way... i have to push down a bit further on the brake then i did before... any ideas?
Some people mentioned interference between the gcraft and the rear swing arm under compression. Did you notice that?

·
Registered
282 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Well we all know where MonSteRR stores his pics... Are there any pics in that folder that the world shouldn't see? ;) Hope you're windows firewall settings are up to date...

·
Registered
460 Posts
My res rubbed my swingarm but it only happened when I was riding 2 up. Since then it hasn't happened and I no longer ride with a passenger. Luckily it didn't tear the res off or I would be in real trouble.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
its stops the bike i tested that out and i ddint see a problem with the swing arm... this may bee a stupid question but how do we bleed the bake brakes? not really good with the brake system...

·
Registered
152 Posts
I've had problems with my G-craft reservoir since the day I bought it.

At first, it leaked from the cap. That was due to too much clearance from the cap to the rubber piece inside. I fixed that.

Then the stupid pedal would get soft after a few rides due to fluid aeration. WTF!! For some reason, the reservoir seems to cause the fluid to fill with air bubbles after a few rides. Crazy!! I'm starting to feel like this is the worst "upgrade" I have ever done to a bike.

Anyone else have these similar issues with this piece of junk reservoir?

G

·
I've had problems with my G-craft reservoir since the day I bought it.

At first, it leaked from the cap. That was due to too much clearance from the cap to the rubber piece inside. I fixed that.

Then the stupid pedal would get soft after a few rides due to fluid aeration. WTF!! For some reason, the reservoir seems to cause the fluid to fill with air bubbles after a few rides. Crazy!! I'm starting to feel like this is the worst "upgrade" I have ever done to a bike.

Anyone else have these similar issues with this piece of junk reservoir?
Was it a G-craft or G-craft replica? The replicas have been known to give problems.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Was it a G-craft or G-craft replica? The replicas have been known to give problems.
Whoa, I didn't know ther was a G-craft and G-craft replica... Ok so who sells the real deal G-Craft? The only replicas I want on my bike are fairings...

G

·
Only places I know of to get the real deal are in Europe, and it's really not worth it with the exchange rates, VAT, and shipping. It'd be about $130 for a reservoir.

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
its stops the bike i tested that out and i ddint see a problem with the swing arm... this may bee a stupid question but how do we bleed the bake brakes? not really good with the brake system...
All thats needed is, brake fluid, 1/4" hose at least 18" long, 8mm wrench, a small cup, and some help pushing the pedal down if you have someone with you.

Got to get a 1/4" hose connected to the bleeder nipple that drains into a small cup filled with a little bit of fluid and open the brake reservoir. From there it would be a lot easier to get help but can be done by yourself with some awkward use of the foot and both hands. But you have to push down the brake pedal, open the bleeder valve and close it before you let off of the brake pedal. After its closed, release the pedal. Continue doing this, keeping an eye on your fluid level and replacing it as needed until all the air bubbles are out and the pedal is stiff. Sounds like a lot but its pretty easy.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.