Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bike rides find on all gears lower then 6th gear. On 5th I can hall-$&@ to 70-80 mph. On 6th gear the bike won't go be on 70 and sounds like the bike is redline but rpm is only 7000-7500k. The bike did sit for three years. Did oil change new battery coolant flush brake flush fuel was drain out and new fuel add. Rode around for two hours to see how the bike preform before riding it long distances. Please help.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My brother bought the bike back in 08 from a used dealer in NC. My brother stored the bike til I came to pick not up. It does sound like fuel issues. But would the engine sound like that, redlining at 7000 rpm.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The has been ran at the track before. So I don't think it's got a rev limiter or a restricted plate.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,777 Posts
have your fuel injectors cleaned & check if the fuel pump is delivering the correct amount of volume by doing the fuel pump test.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gonna have the fuel pump and filter and gas tank change. Thanks. I'll keep u guys posted on what happens.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,777 Posts
What's the fuel pump test?
it's when you turn on the fuel pump for 10 seconds & measure the volume of fuel it pumped out, in this case it's 167cc for 10 seconds at 12V, better have a beaker, fully charged battery, wires & hoses to do this test. when my pump was clogged it could only flow 150cc at best, after cleaning the strainer & fuel filter it pumped 200cc in 5 seconds.

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
it's when you turn on the fuel pump for 10 seconds & measure the volume of fuel it pumped out, in this case it's 167cc for 10 seconds at 12V, better have a beaker, fully charged battery, wires & hoses to do this test. when my pump was clogged it could only flow 150cc at best, after cleaning the strainer & fuel filter it pumped 200cc in 5 seconds.
That's a significant difference...but I'd add a fire extinguisher nearby and some type of ventilation to that list.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I don't see how a fuel pump could affect only the 6th gear. Mugen, how high can you rev it in the first gear? If it was fuel delivery issue you wouldn't be able to rev it past what you already found in any gear.

Doubt it's the injectors either. Reading through the trouble codes posted in this forum the engine shouldn't start with an injector fault, if I'm reading it right. At this point, the fuel pump sounds like a more reasonable culprit.

Edit: The hell is a colt meter? :poke:

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
I don't see how a fuel pump could affect only the 6th gear. Mugen, how high can you rev it in the first gear? If it was fuel delivery issue you wouldn't be able to rev it past what you already found in any gear.

Doubt it's the injectors either. Reading through the trouble codes posted in this forum the engine shouldn't start with an injector fault, if I'm reading it right. At this point, the fuel pump sounds like a more reasonable culprit.

Edit: The hell is a colt meter? :poke:
Probably meant volt meter...v and c are next to each other on keyboards and spell check wouldn't pick that up

1 - 20 of 38 Posts