Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys
i have a 520 kit with -1,+2 sprockets but Ive never put a speedo healer on it nor was there one when I bought the bike.
Whats the difference in milage and also mph?
Thanks,

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
I too would like to know ?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Sup guys
i have a 520 kit with -1,+2 sprockets but Ive never put a speedo healer on it nor was there one when I bought the bike.
Whats the difference in milage and also mph?
Thanks,
Stock is 16/43 (for 2003 to 06, it's 16/42 for 2007+), you're now at 15/45.
So your speedo will read about 11.5% higher than it would with stock gearing. Keep in mind it over reads by somewhere between 4 and 6% stock, so in total you're at about 16% error from true speed.

·
Registered
454 Posts
so that would also be 16% off in milage right?
Yes, if the speedo reads 100mph you're actually going about 84mph. Similarly if you travel 100 actual miles the odo will read that you have travelled about 116 miles. (I'm not sure if the speedo error of about 5% the factory puts in also affects the odometer, so if not then it would only be the 11.5% from your gearing change which would give you about 111.5 miles)

i rode next to my buddy w/ a speedo healer on my 636 and w/ -1 & stock it was 8mph off
If he has a speedo healer, and it's set up correctly, that removes both the error from the gearing change and also the factory set overread (if you want to). So stating what gearing change he had is rather pointless. Also it's a percent error, so stating that it's 8mph off stock without saying at what speed means nothing.

·
Registered
263 Posts
i have -1/+2 also and when i'm reading 35mph i'm actually goin 30. and i think 65 is actually 55. every 12.5 miles, mine reads 13.5. so... thats how it works for me. i hardly drive the speed limit anyway so i don't care.

·
Registered
263 Posts
yeah, it'll tack on more miles than there rightfully is. but i don't plan on selling my bike or anything so it doesn't bother me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts