Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed a gear indicator that connects to the diagnostic port on a 09-11 cbr600rr? Did you have to remove fairings/body panels to route the wire and connector? Was it relatively easy to route and hide the wiring? thx

·
Registered
140 Posts
Im looking for a gear position indicator for my 11' 600RR too, which ones have u seen that plug in like that?

I want to get one that plugs inline with the main harness so i dont have to splice into wires or anything like that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 2 I'm looking at are the PZracing geartronic zero and the Healtech gipro - ds. Both are plug and play but routing/hiding the wires between the dash display to under the riders seat will be the hard part.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
The 2 I'm looking at are the PZracing geartronic zero and the Healtech gipro - ds. Both are plug and play but routing/hiding the wires between the dash display to under the riders seat will be the hard part.

lol, you think THAT would be hard? wait til you change the air filter...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great looking installation. Amazed how you got the wire/harness under the fairings and back to the battery without removing anything.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
I have done this with the Healtech.

took the seat off and plugges it in. then routed it up to the left side of the dash... pretty sure I took the left fairing off (three scerws and three clips).. something makes me think I dod it without taking the fairing off

i put it on over two years ago :drunk:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Installed the Healtech gipro ds on my cbr. Removed left side fairings and routed wire under gas tank cover and upper fairing. Mounted indicator left of the gauges. Unit looks good and attaches well. Will try to get some pics.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I came across a easy way to install the gear indicator. Without removing any fairings. Here is the link to the YT video.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok so I'm new to all this but I have a 2002 CBR 600 f4i limited special red bull edition and the wiring harness when I got it was complete crap I also have a GSXR 600 is it possible to convert the wiring harness over from the GSXR to the CBR and if so how do I go about that

1 - 15 of 15 Posts