Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello mates, I've just bought a CBR600rr 09 and I can't identify the connector I pointed in the following attached picture?

That connector is very close from the gear box that's why I assume it is the gear position sensor. In case it is the gear position sensor, how does it work?

I'd appreciate your help

Attachments

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Think it's the neutral indicator. No gear position sensor on that bike. Stock, at least.

·
Registered
553 Posts
looks like the neutral sensor.
ive got a plug and play gear indicator i got from slowboy racing, it plugs into the diag port under the seat. still needs to be programmed. the gear indicator learns the gear based off the bike rpm and speed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No it's not the neutral indicator, the neutral indicator wire is alongside the oil indicator wire together in a two terminal quick connector near from the crankshaft position sensor.

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
pretty much, I've gotten used to, and now prefer, counting the clicks and when I hit first the neutral light just flashes quickly but I catch it peripherally. Speed vs RPM I use to check for any kind of drag or friction that I may be unaware of before it becomes an issue like brakes rubbing or something.

·
Registered
553 Posts
No it's not the neutral indicator, the neutral indicator wire is alongside the oil indicator wire together in a two terminal quick connector near from the crankshaft position sensor.
yer right... i was trying to remember when i installed my bazzaz and had to tap into the neutral detect wire.
http://www.bazzaz.net/instructions/F348i.pdf

i think its the speed sensor that you posted. see step 7 in the bazzaz link i posted.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,766 Posts
That's the speed pickup

But more importantly, what the HELL is the abortion attached to your shift shaft?

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
That's the speed pickup

But more importantly, what the HELL is the abortion attached to your shift shaft?
I wasn't gonna ask on the off chance it was camera flash or just something painted a different color but, what angle is that? Top of the gearbox with the tank lifted or more of the shifter and left peg...it was zoomed in quite a bit.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
That's the speed pickup

Edit: I stand corrected, the angle of the pic threw me early in the AM. I was originally thinking speed pickup but then I was distracted by the shift lever!!!

Assuming this is on a formula car?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Edit: I stand corrected, the angle of the pic threw me early in the AM. I was originally thinking speed pickup but then I was distracted by the shift lever!!!

Assuming this is on a formula car?
You're right my friend, this is an old formula car. I didn't want to explain the whole thing.

Indeed this is the speed pick up sensor, thank you all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts