Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
BOTM Winner 10/14
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Yesterday i tried to install my new rearsets and stupid enough I ticked a bit too much on the gear shift shaft.

Now it feels loose and doesn't shift.

I read that there should be something bend behind the clutch basket but actually I dont quite understand it..

I opened the clutch case and i see this..

Anyone here that can tell me how it should be or what i need to do?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
you have to remove the clutch outer guide and needle bearing

Don't you have a service manual?

·
BOTM Winner 10/14
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Soooo, repaired the cracked part and fitted everything back..

but now first of all my clutch is not have any pressure and my gear lever still only goes 2 gears and not further, can only go 2 down and then back 2 up nothing more..

anyone have any ideas where to look now?

kind regards!

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Soooo, repaired the cracked part and fitted everything back..

but now first of all my clutch is not have any pressure and my gear lever still only goes 2 gears and not further, can only go 2 down and then back 2 up nothing more..

anyone have any ideas where to look now?

kind regards!
There is a specific way the clutch has to go together if I remember right so be sure you have it all "catching" like it's supposed to.

As far as up and down two gears, is the engine running and the back wheel turning when you try to shift? It's a constant mesh transmission and won't go all the way all the time without movement of the gears.

Noes the time for a manual if you don't have one.

Mike

·
BOTM Winner 10/14
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just found out i got the clutch assembly not like it was described as in the manual so that's something I know what to do about.

I don't have the chain yet on so i don't know about the rear wheel, and i couldn't try to shift yet with runing engine because of my clutch problem.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Just found out i got the clutch assembly not like it was described as in the manual so that's something I know what to do about.

I don't have the chain yet on so i don't know about the rear wheel, and i couldn't try to shift yet with runing engine because of my clutch problem.

Then try shifting while turning the countershaft sprocket if you can or wait until you have a chain on there and spin the back wheel. The tranny has to be moving to get it to shift; not saying it won't shift on the stand but it's designed to need movement before shifting.

Glad you found the clutch issue in the manual, that's why they are so handy :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts